Valued Contributor

Decided to try making yogurt in my Instant Pot today.  I’m a little confused and the instruction booklet is not helpful.  After preparing the milk and adding the yogurt and inserting the insert back into pot, when I press yogurt button, it flashes 8:00 briefly then goes to 0:00 and counts up.  Is this correct?  Am I to assume it will count up until reaching 8:00 (8 hours)?  

Honored Contributor

Re: Instant Pot Yogurt Question

Yes, you are good--I make soymilk yogurt and use acidopholous capsules in it, whirl the milk and the powder from the caps until smooth then dump it in jars, stacked in my instant pot and set the yogurt cycle--mine takes 24 hours to turn into yogurt.. I dont need to warm up the milk either. Is very good.

Valued Contributor

Re: Instant Pot Yogurt Question

@wagirl wrote:

Yes, you are good--I make soymilk yogurt and use acidopholous capsules in it, whirl the milk and the powder from the caps until smooth then dump it in jars, stacked in my instant pot and set the yogurt cycle--mine takes 24 hours to turn into yogurt.. I dont need to warm up the milk either. Is very good.

Thank you so much for your prompt response.  I found the instruction booklet very inadequate and nothing online that was helpful.  Thanks again.