Valued Contributor

You'll wait until QVC gets the colors in? I certainly don't have any inside info, but I'll be surprised if QVC sells Instant Pots in color. The IP company has been extremely successful without offering their product in multiple colors.

Will it be a TSV? Now that I can imagine. In fact I've been thinking that when the IP Max is available it might be a TSV. Not sure when the Max will be available. IP keeps pushing back the date. The latest mentioned date was August 1 but obviously that date has passed. 

Valued Contributor

tiny 2,

We know the release of the Instant Pot Max has been delayed, but where did you learn the delay is the result of canning issues?

Thanks.

Respected Contributor

Re: Instant Pot Viva 9 in 1

[ Edited ]

@SharkE  This was specially made for you.

Instant Pot Lux 6 Qt Red 6-in-1 Muti-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, and Warmer

Respected Contributor

@Razzy 7 wrote:

tiny 2,

We know the release of the Instant Pot Max has been delayed, but where did you learn the delay is the result of canning issues?

Thanks.

@Razzy 7, Hi, When the first release day was announced for spring the USDA warned against using it for canning. The NCHFP(National Center for Home Food Preservation) joined in the warning.

Elizabeth Andress (the director was particularly vocal ) When Instant pot responded that the 15 psi would make it ok for canning she said, "The way you kill bacteria is the right combination of time and temperature," Andress said. "There's nothing magical about pressure, it's the temperature that matters. And we need pressure to get to a high enough temperature to kill bacterial spores in low-acid foods because they're very heat resistant." Read the article from the Chicago food show by Ashlee Clark Thompson April 7th. Make sure you scroll all the way down for additional comments by Andress.

I have read other articles about testing now taking place because the USDA and NCHFP had not actually tested the Instant Pot; however, the news has not been good. There are claims that the Max is not reaching the 15 psi and instead of being faster it is actually slower than the duo models. One article recently is recommending that those interested wait until the second version comes out to invest in it. I have found all of the articles by using google. I was interested in the Max for additional speed mainly. It is not appealing to me to wait 20 minutes for the pressure to come up.

Instant pot has not stated that it is the canning feature causing the delay; however, since the criticism earlier in the year pretty much every article is about the canning feature. They got rid of so many presets but added that canning on the display. Now I am just curious to see how it works out for them since there have been other canning book authors that have joined the warning about canning.

Honored Contributor

@CLEM

That red is so pretty!

She must be fresh from the factory...a color is new.

❤️❤️❤️

Honored Contributor

@CLEM wrote:

Instant Pot Lux 6 Qt Red 6-in-1 Muti-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, and Warmer

Isn't that purdy ?  mmmmmmmmmmm

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

@CLEM wrote:

Isn't that purdy ?  mmmmmmmmmmm

@SharkE  It's really a bright red and very pretty.  On Amazon.

Honored Contributor

Now, you just go on with your bad self ! LOL   I'm trying to justify paying 250 for a bread maker from that 'J' what you call it place. Gonna do that on the 24th.   If my main cook's essentials pressure cooker goes out I will probably go for it.

'Thanks' (LOL)

Respected Contributor

@SharkE  Good Luck with the breadmaker.  I have been thinking about getting one at some point.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I already have the Cuisinart, but, never was crazy about those short stubby loaves, then, I found this expensive 

Zojirushi

that makes the traditional  loaf and has the 2 spinners at the bottom and think that's what I should had bought in first place.

Just use it in winter time, but, it's handy to start bread and sit down and watch a movie or do something and not have to worry about it rising 2 times and if hubby is home if he slams a door and causes a draft and makes my dough fall. If I have my dough bowl in microwave just sitting there and he'll walk over and open and slam the door thinking he's gonna microwave something then Poof there it goes. All that work for nothing.  Breadmaker takes all the worry from what could happen. LOL