Respected Contributor

I received the  Viva  Instant Pot last week, spent an hour or two reading the manual and the yucky recipe book and promptly packed it up and took it to the USPS for return to QVC  on Friday.

It seemed like too big and  too heavy a beast for me to want to store it, and I don't think it would change my life or my cooking style or what I cook  in any significant way.

I own large-sized Le Creuset dutch ovens that do the same good cooking a lot slower, and actually that slowness works to my advantage most of the time.

I can understand how Instant Pot fans love their machine, but for me, it just wasn't necessary and  was a new thing requiring a learning curve and experimentation.

Honored Contributor

@saltysails I may give one  a try if they come out in colors.  Just stainless doesn't match for me, but I wouldn't be leaving one out anyway.  I shouldn't need one anyway as I live alone and don't work, so I'm never in a hurry.  I like the idea of the food being infused with flavor though.  My Mom had the old style pressure cooker in the 50's and made delicious food in it.  I wonder if they will ever make one in 4 qt. size?  And colors?

Trusted Contributor

I saw on a blog that the viva would be the tsv in Sept. Might be a good time to get one for anyone thinking about it. 

Respected Contributor

I broke down and bought it.  It shipped yesterday.   

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

I have one coming also, let's keep everyone updated to see if it is a challenge or a blessing in our lives .

Respected Contributor

I wonder if they will get the pot in colors it seems like they are cutting back on colors in a lot of things. I think I will stick with Black. It looks classier. to me.I tried matching and some thing were a little off alot of the time, especially cinnamon.

Respected Contributor

@Daysdee They make a 4 quart one now.  I own it. 

Respected Contributor

They also have some 3 qt ones over on Amazon.

Honored Contributor

Re: Instant Pot Viva 9 in 1

[ Edited ]

@mima wrote:

@mima

Where did you get?

I’ve only seen 3, 5, 6, 8, 10.....never a 4.

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@mima wrote:

@mima

Where did you get?

I’ve only seen 3, 5, 6, 8, 10.....never a 4.

I'm pretty sure I've seen one on Amazon.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*