Respected Contributor

QVC is selling the Instant Pot Viva 9 in 1 for $99.98 on sale.   Amazon the same pot costs $129.05 now.

If anyone is interested in this one, it seems to be a good one.

New Contributor

I bought the Instant Pot a few months ago (from QVC). It is the BEST kitchen cooker I've ever had.  My husband and I use it everyday.  We have 5 dogs and cook chicken in it  to add to their dry food. After it's ready  I take a large serving fork and swirl it around a few times and it falls apart.  It really is that easy. Really great at cooking rice and noodle dishes. 

Respected Contributor

@CLEM

I just ordered it a little while ago after seeing it on TV today.  Thanks to you and others  for all the positive comments about it.  

Used to think I had all the cookware I would ever need or want.  Apparently not.  (I hope this cookware collecting binge ends someday soon.)

Valued Contributor

That is a great price and 5 easy pay, it is $8 cheaper than Costco's price.

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Trusted Contributor

Looked it up today on Costco.com it said 114.95 that's a lot more than QVC and we pay for membership for? shouldn't we be getting a better price than QVC can offer?

Respected Contributor

When I purchased my pressure cooker it drove me bonkers, the bowls always peel. And  then I learned without a sweat how to use it. This Instant Pot hasn't had the bugs worked out , it's still something new and the low and high might be a good feature, but will it be compatible with a regular pressure cooker cookbook. I don't want to purchased anymore cookbooks. And I don't really have the strength to do all the dishes right now doesn't draw me in. New things make me nervous.

Respected Contributor

@BeccaLou  Actually, I think the bugs have been worked out since it seems to be a replacement for the InstantPot Duo 9 in 1.  I had ordered that, but returned it after 1 use.  

Respected Contributor

Which one did you return ? 

Valued Contributor

Clem, 

You wrote: "QVC is selling the Instant Pot Viva 9 in 1 for $99.98 on sale.   Amazon the same pot costs $129.05 now."

Well, not exactly. QVC is the only retailer selling the model called the Viva. Amazon is not selling the Viva. Just as Costco is the only retailer selling the model called the Nova Plus. Just because an Instant Pot is described as a 9 in 1, doesn't mean every 9 in 1 is identical. There likely is at least some feature that is different or a feature one has that the other does not. I've learned that Costco insists that the model they sell is different in some way from other Instant Pot models being sold. I strongly suspect that's the case with QVC as well, as each of these merchants wants you to purchase the model that THEY sell.

Laura Pazzaglia, pressure cooking expert, and owner of Hip Pressure Cooking is doing an excellent job of comparing various Instant Pot models and differentiating one model from another. Check her website to see how the myriad Instant Pot models differ and if the differences truly are significant.

In my opinion, one doesn't need to get too hung up on whether an Instant Pot is a 7 in 1, an 8 in 1, a 9 in 1 or any other number - in 1. The vast majority of recipes online and in pressure cooking cookbooks do not call for using the presets (e.g. Soup/Broth, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Slow Cook, Rice, Porridge, Multigrain, Cake, Egg, or Sterilize). They simply call for cooking at high pressure (most of the time) or low pressure (rarely), and list the amount of pressure cooking time. With the respect to the Instant Pot, 99.9% of the time I cook at high pressure and I simply press Manual (now labeled Pressure Cook on the newer models) and set the amount of cooking time. If a recipe requires it, I saute veggies or meat first on Saute - High first. I've not made yogurt yet, but when I do, I will likely use the Yogurt button.

I have an Instant Pot DUO and there's nothing the Viva, Nova Plus, Ultra, or Duo Plus can do that I cannot do on my DUO. Don't get hung up on unimportant differences. If the DUO wasn't an extremely capable Instant Pot, the company wouldn't have sold a jillion of them on Amazon Prime Day.

As many of you are aware, Instant Pot will be debuting a new model on August 1, 2018 called the Instant Pot Max. It's the first model that will truly have some new features rather than simply an increasing number of presets that you don't need. It's expected to sell for $200. 

Respected Contributor

@BeccaLou  I returned the Duo plus 60, 9 in 1 from Amazon.  I don't think it is available anymore.  Just didn't like it.  

But I got the 7 in 1 back in March from QVC.