Esteemed Contributor

Ingredient list in food items

[ Edited ]

Has anyone read the ingredients in todays 2 veggie items?

Shocking!!!    I would at least expect a veggie or 2  to be in them!

I'm so glad I read the ingredient list before I bought them.   Something I rarely do. .... (but I will from now on)

No way would I ever eat anything like these products

Honored Contributor

Re: Ingredient list in food items

lol  Reminds me of a box sitting in my freezer right now -  bought it at the local supermarket without reading the nutrition list.   Too eager to have something quick and easy and wanted to get out of the supermarket fast.

Not until I thought of using it one night did I read the ingredients.  Shame on me.  Might as well eat a whole bag of potato chips and wash it down with a diet soda!

Respected Contributor

It seems a lot of meat alternative, prepared 'veggie' meals, or treats, are not good for you. Not only these offerings. There's really no substitute for preparing our own veggies. But, this goes for almost all quick, prepared meals, if we read the labels. We're drawn to them by the convenience, just like other fast foods.

I was in the hospital in 2018 for overnight telemetry monitoring for cranky PVC's. I hadn't eaten and called dietary before they closed for the evening. I asked for only a veggie burger and a cup of tea. The dietitian said:  NO!  

She went on to say: "Can i make you something a little healthier than that? Something more heart smart?"  Adding, "Veggie patty positives are outweighed by the fat, sodium and soy load, among other things."

I still love a BOCA burger, on occasion, but her little voice echos in my head, that there are better alternatives.  

Honored Contributor

Where are these "two veggie items?"

Respected Contributor

Wow, that is very good to know. 

Thanks for the post.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr wrote:

Where are these "two veggie items?"

@ValuSkr 

I'm afraid if I post the item # this post will be deleted.lol  But they were on this morning, 10 am

Not a veggie in them b.t.w..