Honored Contributor

I just watched a Thanksgiving show featuring Ina Garten and Bobby Flay, and it made my mouth water . Everything looked wonderful, from his smoked turkey to her gingerbread

cake and everything in between .The sides were just different enough, and Flay made a kind  of

fall sangria, that I'm going to try. I thought that those two were an odd pairing , but was

pleasently surprised.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

While I am not the biggest Bobby Flay fan, I love Ina and thought the show was great.  I agree, I thought they would be an odd pairing but clearly they are old friends and cook well together.  Well done Food Network!

Trusted Contributor

I saw this too and loved it.  I may try the Sangria and will for sure try the chopped salad.  I'm not a HUGE fan of kale, but Bobby's combination of ingredients seemed intriging.  And I was looking for something green and lighter to serve on Thursday.  And done ahead.  Works for me.

They were good together.  Bobby's ego didn't surface and I think Ina makes everyone comfortable. 

That's one Thanksgiving I'd love to be invited to!  Can you just imagine having the big dinner prepared by those two very successful food gurus? 

Super Contributor

I was cooking my macaroni sauce but I did see some of it.  Not crazy about Bobby but I do watch Ina's show every day.  Couple of years back, Bobby did say you could slather your bird with oil.  Leave uncovered and put in oven.  It was so good. Nice and brown and crispy and so juicy.

Honored Contributor

I love to watch Ina.  Hers is the only cooking program ill sit and watch.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Other than watching Ina from time to time, I've given up on Food Network. But I really enjoy watching her shows. 

Honored Contributor

What is macaroni sauce?

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Esteemed Contributor

Sounds as though I missed a good program, so will look to see if they re-run it some time this week.  Hope so.

We could probably write volumes about the various chefs and cooks we've watched and learned from over the years.  I find that Bobby Flay's energy level fits right in with mine and love his approach to food.  Many a note has been taken while watching his shows. The ego that is mentioned is so not there for me, compared to a whole slew of just dreadful internationally recognized chefs.  Give me Flay any day.

Though I've only seen Ms. Garten's program a few times, I just don't enjoy watching her, but snatch up a good recipe of hers when I can find it fits a need.

Honored Contributor

SF - It re-airs on Monday, 11/23, at 4pm (Pacific Time on the pacific feed).

Then again on Wed, 11/25, at 1pm.

That's all I see.   Check your guide in case times are different.  Smiley Happy

Oh and, BTW - It's an episode of 'Barefoot Contessa'.   Episode name 'A Barefoot Thanksgiving', OAD 11/15/15.

HTH Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

SF - It re-airs on Monday, 11/23, at 4pm (Pacific Time on the pacific feed).

Then again on Wed, 11/25, at 1pm.

That's all I see.   Check your guide in case times are different.  Smiley Happy

Oh and, BTW - It's an episode of 'Barefoot Contessa'.   Episode name 'A Barefoot Thanksgiving', OAD 11/15/15.

HTH Smiley Happy

I hope you don't mind me chiming in here but they are also rerunning Thanksgiving at Bobby's from last year which I must have missed because it was new to me when I watched it today.  It is being rerun early Tuesday the 24th morning (8:30 CST) for those that may want to see it.  Smiley Happy