Honored Contributor

Re: Ina Garten and David's favorite store bought red sauce.

@momtochloe wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

For those that use those delicious Rao's sauces my favorite has always been their Italian Sausage sauce but it looks like it has been discontinued in my area.  Does anyone still have access to this one as it is absolutely fabulous!

I beg of you, please don't tell me it's discontinued . . . Smiley Sad

Hi @momtochloe Smiley Happy

I have not seen the Italian Sausage sauce in my supermarket in a while.  Rao's is delicious!! 

Oh goodness @dmod nj I just posted that I am no longer loving their other varieties in a previous post.  I tried their garden vegetable a few weeks ago and was very disappointed (even though I have tried most of their varieties previously).  It just didn't have the same, rich flavor that I so loved when I first started purchasing their products. Smiley Sad

@momtochloe oops, sorry, I didn't see your post.  I'm sorry to hear that the quality is not the same.   I haven't bought it in a while, but I will have to try it soon.

I loved the prosciutto and onion sauce. That was discontinued too. Smiley Sad

@dmod nj ARGH and the angst continues . . . they had a prosciutto and onion sauce? . . . and I missed it? . . . GAH! . . . . Smiley Sad

LOL Yep, it was delish, @momtochloe.   I'm sorry you missed it.

When I don't make/use my own roasted peppers, Rao's roasted peppers with pine nuts and raisins are the best...... the peppers are soft and tasty!! 

I usually roast my own peppers during the summer. I freeze them for use during the winter. When I run out of my own, Rao's is my go to.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

For those that use those delicious Rao's sauces my favorite has always been their Italian Sausage sauce but it looks like it has been discontinued in my area.  Does anyone still have access to this one as it is absolutely fabulous!

I have not seen the Italian Sausage sauce in my supermarket in a while.  Rao's is delicious!! 

Oh goodness @dmod nj I just posted that I am no longer loving their other varieties in a previous post.  I tried their garden vegetable a few weeks ago and was very disappointed (even though I have tried most of their varieties previously).  It just didn't have the same, rich flavor that I so loved when I first started purchasing their products. Smiley Sad

@momtochloe oops, sorry, I didn't see your post.  I'm sorry to hear that the quality is not the same.   I haven't bought it in a while, but I will have to try it soon.

@dmod nj ARGH and the angst continues . . . they had a prosciutto and onion sauce? . . . and I missed it? . . . GAH! . . . . Smiley Sad

When I don't make/use my own roasted peppers, Rao's roasted peppers with pine nuts and raisins are the best...... the peppers are soft and tasty!! 

I usually roast my own peppers during the summer. I freeze them for use during the winter. When I run out of my own, Rao's is my go to.

Ok, first off I thank you for my first laugh out loud moment of the day @dmod nj . . . make my own roasted peppers? . . . yeah, let's just say I have always counted on those jars for that (and yes I am ashamed) . . . and what are these pine nuts and raisins you speak of? . . . I am intrigued . . . do they come in a jar? 

Tee hee! (and j/k) . . . Smiley Happy

Seriously, I am on a quest to recreate my mom's spaghetti and meatballs and also her sloppy joe mix.  Both of those recipes were a tad off the beaten path so that is my quest for this winter . . . no more jars, do it yourself mtc! . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

Ok, first off I thank you for my first laugh out loud moment of the day @dmod nj . . . make my own roasted peppers? . . . yeah, let's just say I have always counted on those jars for that (and yes I am ashamed) . . . and what are these pine nuts and raisins you speak of? . . . I am intrigued . . . do they come in a jar? 

Tee hee! (and j/k) . . . Smiley Happy

Seriously, I am on a quest to recreate my mom's spaghetti and meatballs and also her sloppy joe mix.  Both of those recipes were a tad off the beaten path so that is my quest for this winter . . . no more jars, do it yourself mtc! . . . Smiley Happy

LOL Happy to make you lol! LOL   I like to cook most days.

Most of the brands of jarred peppers, I tried, I didn't like. The peppers were too crunchy. The Rao's peppers are soft, the way I make them. lol  I put the peppers in the oven.....8 at a time....roast them, put them in a bag to steam the skin off, peel and freeze! Easy peasy!

I make my own sauce too.  I make a HUGE pot........12 quarts....of sauce at a time. I freeze it and use it until it runs out.   When it does, I pull out a jar of Rao's. lol  

I'm not a big pasta/sauce lover.  I know, what kind of Italian American am I???? lol    I make the sauce for my family.   

Experiment until you get your mom's recipe down the way you like it.  If your experiments are horrible.....................there is always take out. lol   I wish you luck. 

If you need any help, give me a shout out. I'll see what I can do to help you.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@dmod nj, thank you for the infomation on the eggplant sauce. I could have sworn I checked their site several months back and it wasn't on there. Glad to know I have a source. I will now go ahead and use the last jar I have that I've been hoarding. Ha!

Thanks again.

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

@dmod nj, thank you for the infomation on the eggplant sauce. I could have sworn I checked their site several months back and it wasn't on there. Glad to know I have a source. I will now go ahead and use the last jar I have that I've been hoarding. Ha!

Thanks again.

You're welcome. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I get a roasted pepper in Publix that's sweet, and soft, and sooooo good.  I'm out of them right now (I'm hoping for a BOGO soon), so I can't give you the name, but it begins with an M, and they come in a tall, narrow jat with a red lid.