Honored Contributor

Re: Ina Garten and David's favorite store bought red sauce.

@giddy up wrote:

I don't know if it's true but on Amazon some recent reviews of Rao's are saying they changed it and it is not as good anymore.

@giddy up I am inclined to agree with the Amazon reviews.  My hands down favorite was the one with italian sausage which I believe they have discontinued and ever since whatever variety I have purchased is just not the same (even though I have tried those versions before).  It's a shame as they had a great product.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

For those that use those delicious Rao's sauces my favorite has always been their Italian Sausage sauce but it looks like it has been discontinued in my area.  Does anyone still have access to this one as it is absolutely fabulous!

I beg of you, please don't tell me it's discontinued . . . Smiley Sad

Hi @momtochloe Smiley Happy

I have not seen the Italian Sausage sauce in my supermarket in a while.  Rao's is delicious!! 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

I don't know why my post got deleted.  I didn't post a link.   Must have been a mis-hit.  Smiley Happy

@chickenbutt

Were you soup bashing again?  Woman LOL  Heart

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@giddy up wrote:

I don't know if it's true but on Amazon some recent reviews of Rao's are saying they changed it and it is not as good anymore.

@giddy up I am inclined to agree with the Amazon reviews.  My hands down favorite was the one with italian sausage which I believe they have discontinued and ever since whatever variety I have purchased is just not the same (even though I have tried those versions before).  It's a shame as they had a great product.

@momtochloe just checked their website.  No Italian Sausage variety. Smiley Sad

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

For those that use those delicious Rao's sauces my favorite has always been their Italian Sausage sauce but it looks like it has been discontinued in my area.  Does anyone still have access to this one as it is absolutely fabulous!

I have not seen the Italian Sausage sauce in my supermarket in a while.  Rao's is delicious!! 

Oh goodness @dmod nj I just posted that I am no longer loving their other varieties in a previous post.  I tried their garden vegetable a few weeks ago and was very disappointed (even though I have tried most of their varieties previously).  It just didn't have the same, rich flavor that I so loved when I first started purchasing their products. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

I loved Rao's Eggplant sauce. I think it's definitely been discontinued. I used it when I made Eggplant Parmigiana. It really made it so very delicious.

Hi @pupwhipped,  you can order roasted eggplant sauce from their website. 

Honored Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@giddy up wrote:

@momtochloe just checked their website.  No Italian Sausage variety. Smiley Sad

Oh I know @dmod nj after I couldn't find it in any stores by me (and trust me I looked) I went to their website and was so bummed that it appears to be discontinued.  I am so disappointed by this as (for me) this was the very best pasta sauce I ever had . . . boo.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

Oh goodness @dmod nj I just posted that I am no longer loving their other varieties in a previous post.  I tried their garden vegetable a few weeks ago and was very disappointed (even though I have tried most of their varieties previously).  It just didn't have the same, rich flavor that I so loved when I first started purchasing their products. Smiley Sad

@momtochloe oops, sorry, I didn't see your post.  I'm sorry to hear that the quality is not the same.   I haven't bought it in a while, but I will have to try it soon.

I loved the prosciutto and onion sauce. That was discontinued too. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Sooner wrote:

chickenbutt wrote:

I don't know why my post got deleted.  I didn't post a link.   Must have been a mis-hit.  Smiley Happy

@chickenbutt

Were you soup bashing again?  Woman LOL  Heart

Hahaha!  Not even.   I said that I was watching the presentation and got curious, so I put it on slo-mo and paused it when he had a page open, at which time I was able to see the brand name Rao.  This was after it was already revealed here, so it wasn't like I 'spoiled' their secret or anything.  

That was all I remember saying, but I was certain that I did not post a link.  Strange!   Oh well.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@momtochloe oops, sorry, I didn't see your post.  I'm sorry to hear that the quality is not the same.   I haven't bought it in a while, but I will have to try it soon.

I loved the prosciutto and onion sauce. That was discontinued too. Smiley Sad

@dmod nj ARGH and the angst continues . . . they had a prosciutto and onion sauce? . . . and I missed it? . . . GAH! . . . . Smiley Sad