Respected Contributor

Re: In the Kitchen with David--NO TSV During Show Today Jan 27 2019

@fthunt wrote:

And some people here keep saying - - host never reads these postings.  I say...hogwash.   Somebody is reading b/c I've noticed one other recent change after so many complaints on here..........Host do not just walk away from vendor standing there at end of presentation leaving guest .......'what do I do now?'
.  The vendor does the walking and camera zooms in on host solo.  Now this - no bed special value during kitchen.

ITA -I have read that hosts are not allowed to post here.  It is ridiculous when posters say that hosts never read these boards. Who is going to prevent them from doing so? 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

There is a God!!!

Respected Contributor

@mom2four0418  Just a thought, definitely not trying to be argumentative at all, but, since I am far from computer savvy, but how is it that the moderators can help us unless from our "screen names" they can link to our profiles/accounts and do a correction, i.e., credit our account, restore a mistakenly cancelled order, etc.

Wouldn't want the hosts or vendors on the forums since they could skew the comments, dialogue, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

But a cleaning item was one of the first presented (micro fiber cloths) then it was cheesecakes and I went, yawn.

I do love David, don't get me wrong.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

A mattress is certainly an easy one to eliminate -  not too many of us sleep on real mattresses on our kitchen floors.

Otherwise, I'm in the minority around here.  Most Sundays I don't see the TSV before or after ITKWD, so I fully understand why they sell thousands of TSV's during those hours -  and I do use things like fans, vacuums, computers, TV's, etc. in my kitchen.

Respected Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@mom2four0418  Just a thought, definitely not trying to be argumentative at all, but, since I am far from computer savvy, but how is it that the moderators can help us unless from our "screen names" they can link to our profiles/accounts and do a correction, i.e., credit our account, restore a mistakenly cancelled order, etc.

Wouldn't want the hosts or vendors on the forums since they could skew the comments, dialogue, etc.

I agree with you! While I am sure that they are not allowed to post messages, they certainly can read them the way that we all do. If interacting with the customer service dept is necessary, I prefer to email them rather than post information on a forum.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Trusted Contributor

I can understand promoting the TSV if it is relevant to the theme of the show, but I really hope they move away from the constant promotion of the TSV every five minutes. Good to know that the PTB seem to be listening to their customers. 👍

Respected Contributor

No time to celebrate here.  Sure I'm glad there's no TSV presentation today, but let's be honest folks.  There is no way they can put a bed (not even a twin size) into the kitchen.  Next week will no doubt be a return to the offeding presentations. Look forward to it.

Honored Contributor

David's show is the biggest money maker on the channel,  they know how much money every item makes per minute, 

if the hours of the TSV are not making as much money it's a no brainer if they are losing eyeballs on the channel 

Honored Contributor

There have been other Sundays when there was a mattress TSV and, to my knowledge, they've never presented it during ITKWD.

It seems that they only do it when they can come up with some narrative that it's useful in the kitchen too, like cleaning stuff, vacuum cleaners, fans, and computer-type stuff.   Be a pretty big stretch to do a mattress.  Smiley Very Happy