Contributor

In The Kitchen With show and non-food or kitchen items

I am getting frustrating watching Mary and David and seeing an hour spent (on a 3-4 hour show) on non-food or kitchen related items. Today, it was a vacuum and the iPad. 1/3 of the INKW M or D show should not be about something so far off topic. I love Mary, David and the show itself but don't they have enough hours in the day to show these non-related items at other times?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: In The Kitchen With show and non-food or kitchen items

I agree.... it is an  immediate channel changer for me.  I watch ITK to see food related items.  I know I can see electronics or house cleaning items any ol' time.  What usually happens is I change the channel, start watching some other show and then never get back to the Q channel.

Occasional Visitor

I totally agreewith you both! Have been looking for a way to express my concern for this. I too have looked forward for many years to Sundays with the In The Kitchen show. I have enjoyed this show for many years, long before David was host. My kitchen is filled with purchases from QVC. I’m giving up. I too change channel when non kitchen items are presented & for most part forget or get busy & don’t change back. Why have a kitchen show if it’s not all kitchen items?

Honored Contributor

I'm amazed at how often they talk and talk about whatever that TSV is!  Good grief!  I also agree that we should be looking at things about or pertaining to the kitchen or food.

Ever noticed they show more food things every evening during the week at dinner time than they do on Sunday's in the kitchen with David (or Mary)?

Honored Contributor

I agree with everybody else that it sux.   

What really gets me is that they always have a full hour of the TSV immediately before ITKWD and a full hour of the TSV immediately after ITKWD.

But yet, they need to put it into the kitchen show, too.  Waiting to see David modeling fashions and shoes.  Smiley Very Happy

I get it, as it's been said here a zillion times - David draws a huge crowd.  But still.   Whatever the name of a given show is what should tell us what category of products will be in that show.  Too much to ask?  Yeah, I know.  Smiley Wink

It used to work just fine but they seem to be getting more and more like hsn with showing the same stuff a zillion times a day, very few other products, and the decrease in quality.   QVC used to be above that.

Contributor

YES, pls make it stop!  I tune in for gadgets, recipes and cooking and baking items.

If I want prepared food, iPad or sweepers .....I will watch those individual shows.   Seems like the prepared food and non food items are another of their NEW and unwelcome ideas.

Honored Contributor

I rarely watch the show any more.  Too many of the non-food-related items, and too much of the prepared food.  Nothing like what the old shows used to be like.  I typically will only check on line......when I remember to.

Honored Contributor

Some of the prepared food items are pretty great, though, and at least they fit the 'in the kitchen' category.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt. My feeling is that they have other shows for the prepared food.  (And I don't watch those either.). Guess I just miss the old shows!

Trusted Contributor

I was just talking about this with my husband this morning. I saw they were going to present the iPad during ITKWD and I told him how many people want to see food and kitchen stuff....

I know an ipad can can be used in the kitchen, but the mattresses, computers, vacuums, etc that are TSV’s get plenty of air time.

So, please QVC.....keep ITKWD just food and kitchen related items....😊😊