Respected Contributor

Re: Impressed with Dishwasher detergent

@drizzellla wrote:

@Othereeeen Does the Dawn Powerwash make the tub slippery?

@drizzellla @No not at all, you don't use that much.

Trusted Contributor

I've used Finish Powerball Quantum for a few years now and swear by it.  Dishes always come out clean and spotless.   If anyone is a SamsClub member, until June 6th it's on sale for $11.98 for #100 count.  That is the best bargain you will ever find.  

Honored Contributor

@CoffeeNut wrote:

I've used Finish Powerball Quantum for a few years now and swear by it.  Dishes always come out clean and spotless.   If anyone is a SamsClub member, until June 6th it's on sale for $11.98 for #100 count.  That is the best bargain you will ever find.  

@CoffeeNut Boy are you right. That is where I buy the Finish Quantum at Sam's. I like having a package with 100 tablets. I like being well stocked. AND I like the free shipping too.

Respected Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

After years of using Finish, I switched to Cascade Platinum (in silver foil bags) when Costco had them on sale a few months ago.

I was getting fed up with Finish and love the Cascade Platinum.

It's more expensive, though, than plain regular Cascade, so I can't judge how much better the Platinum is.  I do know it's better, at least in my dishwasher, than Finish.

I am anxious to try the Dawn Power Wash for non-dishwasher uses.  Dawn has always been a great liquid detergent.

I so agree @novamc1 . Cascade Platinum pods are so much better at cleaning. Nothing is left on the dishes. Spotless and Clean. That along with my Bosch DW.  I don"t pre-rinse, it isn't necessary. I just scrape big pieces of food off.  That is all. The DW is supposed to wash and clean your dishes, you shouldn't have to do its' job.  I purchase the pods in the silver bucket. I think there are over 90 pods to the bucket.  For hand washed items I have used Dawn Liquid detergent.  Never thought of using it on clothing. Will definitely give it a try there!

Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla  is right.  Finish Quantum is fantastic.

Since the pandemic, I've switched to Amazon's products for both my dishwasher and clothes washer:  I've been completely satisfied and save $$$.

Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

@Othereeeen  I was out of my normal prewash spot/stain remover on a shirt that I got grease on from cooking, so gave the grease spots a spritz with the Dawn Power Wash and washed it in the washing machine as usual.   Came out beautiful with grease spots completely gone.  

@ciao_bella 

I have used Dawn on grease spots for years with results!  We had two boys that wiped their thumbs on their shirts apparently!  What a mess!  I got it all out!  They wore black tank tops all summer because we live in the woods with a creek!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@ciao_bella wrote:

@Othereeeen  I was out of my normal prewash spot/stain remover on a shirt that I got grease on from cooking, so gave the grease spots a spritz with the Dawn Power Wash and washed it in the washing machine as usual.   Came out beautiful with grease spots completely gone.  

@ciao_bella 

I have used Dawn on grease spots for years with results!  We had two boys that wiped their thumbs on their shirts apparently!  What a mess!  I got it all out!  They wore black tank tops all summer because we live in the woods with a creek!

@ECBG  I have also used regular blue Dawn as a prewash but this power one seemed to work even better.   Love using Dawn on so many things.  I clean my shower with it mixed with vinegar and water.  Squeaky clean shower walls and floors.  My son uses a small amount  of Dawn mixed with a gallon of warm water and a little vegetable oil to spray on vegetable plants in the garden to deter insects.  Works like a charm.

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

Once when a repair man was over for our dishwasher, he said never to use the powder, I was using Kirland dishwasher powder, but to use Finnish, so we've been using Finnish ever since, for years, and never switch. It's the best as far as we are concerned.  First thing I noticed was our glasses were cloudy before and after using it, they were very clear!  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just gave myself a wake-up call and remembered that I bought a big bottle of Dawn Platinum liquid detergent  (not the regular type of blue Dawn) many months ago.

Been using it in diluted form in a pump dispenser near my kitchen sink for all hand-washing jobs for a long time now.  It seems to last forever.

This might be the same thing now labeled as "Dawn Power Wash". 

I don't know if there's a difference, but I like what's in that big bottle I found at Costco a long time ago.

Dawn Ultra Platinum Advanced Power Liquid Dish Soap, Fresh Scent, 90 oz

Trusted Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

@novamc1 wrote:

After years of using Finish, I switched to Cascade Platinum (in silver foil bags) when Costco had them on sale a few months ago.

I was getting fed up with Finish and love the Cascade Platinum.

It's more expensive, though, than plain regular Cascade, so I can't judge how much better the Platinum is.  I do know it's better, at least in my dishwasher, than Finish.

I am anxious to try the Dawn Power Wash for non-dishwasher uses.  Dawn has always been a great liquid detergent.

@novamc1 @Dawn is the best. Checkout Pinterest for a recipe to make your own dishwasher detergent using Dawn. I have been doing it for three years and the dishes come out squeaky clean. 

Dawn Platinum is the Bomb!! Can't beleive how great that stuff is!  Best there is!