Respected Contributor

Re: Impressed with Dishwasher detergent

@drizzellla Thank you for the recommendation. I will order Finish Quantum on my next grocery run. I am not happy with how my dishes are looking.

Respected Contributor

Thank you for all your recommendations!  We were in the market for a new dishwasher seeveral months ago.  My husband checked out all of them and thought Bosch was the best one.  Expensive, but well worth it.  It doesn't matter what detergent I use - everything comes out spotless... something I never saw with any other of our dishwashers over the years!!!  SO glad we invested in the Bosch.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the review.  Making my grocery order today and will try it.  Keep cycling thru brands and some are not good.

Respected Contributor

Agree...  I changed from Cascade to Finish Q many years ago and have never looked back.   My Bosch also came with a sample of it and recommended it.  So much better than the results when I used Cascade.

Great idea on the Dawn Power Wash for stains on clothes.  Didn't even think of it.  Thank you.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

After years of using Finish, I switched to Cascade Platinum (in silver foil bags) when Costco had them on sale a few months ago.

I was getting fed up with Finish and love the Cascade Platinum.

It's more expensive, though, than plain regular Cascade, so I can't judge how much better the Platinum is.  I do know it's better, at least in my dishwasher, than Finish.

I am anxious to try the Dawn Power Wash for non-dishwasher uses.  Dawn has always been a great liquid detergent.

Respected Contributor

Regular Dawn and a microfiber cloth is all I have ever used on my quartz shower walls and floors.  They get squeaky clean with minimal effort.  The manufacturer recommended reminding me if dishes don't get soap scam residue,  walls won't eithet.  

Respected Contributor

I have been using finish power ball dishwasher pods for a long time and I don't pre rinse my dishes and sometimes dishes sit until the the next day sometimes and the always come clean. And dawn I find works great on oil stains Alot better than spray and wash or shout out. Dawn on oil stains even washing in cold water stains still come out. Im sloppy so if I pretreat Alot I will just use less laundry detergent.

Honored Contributor

I've been purchasing the Finish for quite a few years now.   I can't remember why I started, leaving Cascade, but I know there was a good reason because that's how I roll.

I'm happy with it.  It actually takes me about a month to fill up the dishwasher (everything is rinsed well), so I run it seldom and everything comes out clean.

Respected Contributor

@Othereeeen I use a mixture of Blue Dawn and vinegar to clean my glass shower door and tiles. In between the use of that which is 3 weeks, I made an after shower spray that you leave on. It consists of alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, blue Dawn, the rinse agent you use in your dishwasher and water. The recipe for this is on Pinterest. Things I use blue Dawn for are spot treating clothes, cleaning makeup brushes, shampoo once a month for a oily scalp, making my own dishwasher pods, homemade upholstery cleaner which is on Pinterest and that's about it. 

Respected Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

After years of using Finish, I switched to Cascade Platinum (in silver foil bags) when Costco had them on sale a few months ago.

I was getting fed up with Finish and love the Cascade Platinum.

It's more expensive, though, than plain regular Cascade, so I can't judge how much better the Platinum is.  I do know it's better, at least in my dishwasher, than Finish.

I am anxious to try the Dawn Power Wash for non-dishwasher uses.  Dawn has always been a great liquid detergent.

@novamc1 @Dawn is the best. Checkout Pinterest for a recipe to make your own dishwasher detergent using Dawn. I have been doing it for three years and the dishes come out squeaky clean.