Frequent Contributor

If you rent a condo or home for a month or more....

and don't always know what kitchen gadgets are available, what, if anything, do you pack & bring w/you?

I'm curious bc my DH and I rent a condo (not always the same one) for a month & I always pack some of my gadgets.

Re

Honored Contributor

Re: If you rent a condo or home for a month or more....

It depends. If I'm flying to my destination, I take only clothing, beauty, and medications - as well as the usual electronic devices, extra eye glasses, etc.

If I driving, I take my Keurig and my hair dryer unless I've been told there's one available. I don't care about kitchen gadgets when I'm vacationing. I can pretty much live with whatever pots and pans and utensils are in place.

Super Contributor

When we rent a cabin in the woods in the summer I always take my coffee mug, a sharp knife and a couple of frying pans. I sometimes take a pitcher. Those seem to be the things lacking in a cabin.

Respected Contributor

A good knife.

Super Contributor

My pillows

Super Contributor

I am in Florida right now for one month to try out being a snow bird before I make any decision on my retirement future. I am renting a lovely condo with a fully equipped kitchen but we do miss our Keurig. There are enough pots and pans here. The dishes and silverware are lovely but it's not my kitchen and I miss my stuff. Other than the coffee pot we are getting by okay. I did buy an inexpensive blender for my protein drinks so we are managing very nicely. I have cooked several simple meals and eat out more often than I would at home. So we are making the best of a wonderful,situation. Basically anything I really need I can buy here but it's fun to work with what you have.
Honored Contributor

A can opener. A bottle opener.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I bring my Vitamix even if we go away for a week because I can't live without it!

Regular Contributor

....my small spatulas, a jar opener from BB&B for about $5.00, and a small colander. Use them so much at home that can't be without in the kitchen. Small cutting board too. cece
Respected Contributor

A manual style knife sharpener. Places we have been have really dull knives.