Respected Contributor

Re: If you need pressure cooking or Instant Pot help or recipes, go here...

@yellowrose...thank you for your kind words, too.  Whew!  I don't feel like I'm going to be burned at the stake any longer.  lol  I feel the same way.  I enjoy seeing what others make and how they present them.  And I like to help when I can, as well.  You will see that a lot in the group...helpful, kind, supportive responses.  Yes, I am on a cheesecake kick myself.  Try Ruth's pumpkin cheesecake if you like pumpkin.  She has the recipe's spice mix down to a science--it's the perfect blend.  I made the crust using half gingersnaps and half graham crackers, but next time, I'm going to try all gingersnaps.  

Trusted Contributor

@Ainhisg  I LOVE pumpkin.  The one I made was a pumpkin cheesecake with a maple glaze.Recipe was on a different site.  I will have to try Ruth's recipe next time.  And I will remember to use gingersnaps for the crust.  Sounds fabulous.

Respected Contributor

@yellowrose, top it with sweetened whipped cream before you serve it...yummo!

Respected Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

I am the original poster, and I don’t understand some of the less than positive comments on this thread. My intent was to offer a resource that offers ACCURATE information concerning pressure cooking in all brands of pressure cookers...and all available in one place. I never dreamed that because it’s a FB group or a “closed” FB group, that it would be considered nefarious.  My word. Yes, there are many online resources and open FB groups, but within those resources, you will find a lot of inaccurate information.  I belong to several FB pressure cooking groups as well as often peruse favorite pressure cooking blogs by people who know what they’re doing.  I know accurate sources from inaccurate sources, and I was just trying to be helpful. 

@Ainhisg, I really appreciate your suggestion. My Instant pot is not out of the box yet but it will be when I get back home. I am sorry for the hateful response you received when it is very clear that you were trying to be helpful.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the info.......I joined

Valued Contributor

@Ainhisg...  thank you for the recommendation, I joined!  I am always on the hunt for Instant Pot recipes and I appreciate any and all leads to good cooking groups on social media!  You have to disregard negative people who will find fault in others no matter what is said or posted, they just can't help themselves and just have to say something... lol

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Respected Contributor

@Chicagoan, I was wondering if you have tried the Italian Beef recipe that you posted years ago in the Instant Pot?

Valued Contributor

Hi @tiny 2...   was it the Chicago Italian Beef recipe?  Wow that was many years ago that I posted that recipe, you still remember! lol  You must have esp, I was just thinking of how that recipe would be in the IP.  Since it is a rump roast, I am not sure it would be tender made in the IP, since it is a lean piece of meat.  I hope all has been well with you!

Valued Contributor

@Ainhisg... I am really enjoying rootitoot, her recipes are my kind of cooking, simple home cooked goodness!  Thanks again for the heads up!

Respected Contributor

@Chicagoan wrote:

Hi @tiny 2...   was it the Chicago Italian Beef recipe?  Wow that was many years ago that I posted that recipe, you still remember! lol  You must have esp, I was just thinking of how that recipe would be in the IP.  Since it is a rump roast, I am not sure it would be tender made in the IP, since it is a lean piece of meat.  I hope all has been well with you!

@Chicagoan, Yes, that is the one. It is a favorite of ours. We are hanging in there. I am glad to see you on here.