Occasional Contributor

Re: If you like Sistema Soup Mugs, run to Aldi's!

Now I'm so glad that I posted! At first I was too shy, but then decided, "what the heck!" You ladies are so cute & cheerful! (p.s. If you ever see tuna salad at Aldi's, it's very good, too. I've only seen it once and it is right beside the chicken salad. I think it tastes better than home-made.)

Respected Contributor

The Aldi I went to (we have three in the area) didn't have purple, or I'd have gotten it - they had lime greet, hot pink, and bright blue.

Super Contributor

I picked one up on Monday just to try it out because I knew the price was fabulous at 2.99. My DH was so impressed with it when we heated up a can of soup in it, he said be sure and buy more of those! I need to get there tomorrow before the sale ends!! Thanks for the reminder OP! Reva

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/10/2014 Bandwife said:
On 1/10/2014 Barbarainnc said:

Thanks for letting us know about the mugs, just went and got 3!!!

Aldi's has really good chicken salad. There is one just labeled Chicken Salad,and another one with Cranberries and Almonds. Both are really good. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

I hit submit before I mentioned this...YES, the chicken salad is to DIE FOR! A friend turned me on to it. I'd passed it several times & thought nothing of it. When we got it, I had to take it away from hubby bc he was eating out of the container w/a spoon! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

I bought 3 mugs & a Chicken salad with cranberries & almonds, wine, chicken, etc.....

Regular Contributor

On 1/10/2014 Josefinie said:

Now I'm so glad that I posted! At first I was too shy, but then decided, "what the heck!" You ladies are so cute & cheerful! (p.s. If you ever see tuna salad at Aldi's, it's very good, too. I've only seen it once and it is right beside the chicken salad. I think it tastes better than home-made.)

OOOH! I'm gonna have to look for the tuna salad bc I may be making a trip back there before the weekend is out. I was talking to a gf on my way out of Aldi and I sent her a pic of the sistema cups once I got home. She doesn't have an Aldi in her area and said she may run into town to pick up a couple. I'll make that trip w/her. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} As I said before, the chicken salad is to die for...the only thing is the price. Its a little high for what you get. That's why we ration it whenever we get it. If you all have a Save-A-Lot or IGA look for Mrs. Grissom's Chicken Salad. O-M-G. Soooooo gooooood!

Super Contributor

Darn, I was going to go into the store and look at these, but when I found out they were made from plastic, the urge suddenly went away. I never microwave in plastic. No one should-really not good for your health.

New Contributor

On 1/10/2014 Rosehill said:

Darn, I was going to go into the store and look at these, but when I found out they were made from plastic, the urge suddenly went away. I never microwave in plastic. No one should-really not good for your health.

These are specifically MADE to be used in the microwave. Check out their website - sistemaplastics.com/, it may answer your questions.

They make quite a lot of other products too. I LOVE the Multicooker/Rice Steamer. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} For those that were worried about oatmeal boiling over, not in this baby! I put in a cup of steelcut oats, 1½ of water, a few pinches of salt, and a handfull of dried fruit, then cooked per the microwave instructions on the oats package. No boil over and it cleans up real easy too.

I think my favorite thing I've made in it so far was barley. A cup of barley, 3 cups of water, ½ cup of red wine, and a packet of Onion Soup mix. Cooked for 25 minutes stirring twice, Yum! I think I'll add some mushrooms next time too. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Esteemed Contributor

I thought my food store (Shop rite) find was great for Sistema. A 3 pack: 1 mug and 2 bowls for $15.99! Aldi's is a bit of a drive for me unfortunately.

Valued Contributor

I use mine every morning for oatmeal and never had a boil over or spill. I only use a couple inches of reg. oatmeal then water up to about half on the cup (along with dried cranberries, walnuts, and cinnamon) and it cooks so fast. One minute and 45 sec. does it for me. I get my money's worth just for that use only. No hard clean ups. Eat in the cup, give a quick wash out and done.

Honored Contributor

No Aldi's here, but you got a great deal. I bought 2 at TJ Maxx for a few dollars more and I'm using them a lot. I didn't need a set of 6.