Occasional Contributor

Re: If you like Sistema Soup Mugs, run to Aldi's!

Thanks, Ladies! Now that I finally have them, I'm using them constantly and loving the "peace of mind" of no BLOW-UPS in the microwave. I put a whole can of corn in a mug (with plenty of room to spare) and drained most of the juice. After 2 minutes, the corn was just perfect! I think it cooks a little quicker in the mug and reaches all the layers---no cold spots. So easy!

Super Contributor

Can anyone tell me what these mugs are? Are they plastic? My husband makes his oatmeal in the microwave and I am looking for something new.

Honored Contributor

On 1/5/2014 jojopeanut said:
On 1/5/2014 grits3 said:

I bought one at BBB, paid more than you did but did have a coupon. I haven't used it yet, want to see how well it cooks oatmeal. Hopefully no spillover. Will have to check-out Aldi's, we have one but I don't get over there very often.

I have one also I got at Marshalls. Yes oatmeal does spew over. But otherwise I love using it. Also be careful of anything with red sauce it does stain the inside. I read the instructions after using it for tomato soup. It recommended cooking spray with anything red base. The stain doesn't bother me I'm the only one using it. Mine's teal.

I think oatmeal always cooks over in any container, stopping the cooking halfway and stirring might help

Honored Contributor

On 1/5/2014 graycatsrule said:

I bought a couple at Tjmaxx. One was a salad bowl with a little cup for salad dressing and the other has plastic utensils that snap into the lid. Definitely can't beat $2.99 for a cup though.

TJs has lots of this brand at good prices

Regular Contributor

Our new Aldi's opens TODAY!!! I have these mugs on my list.

I really need to get out more, to be this excited about a new grocery store.....{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

Thanks for the info! I went this morning and got a few and the check out gal said they are great! She has already had hers for 3 years!
Respected Contributor

Thanks for letting us know about the mugs, just went and got 3!!!

Aldi's has really good chicken salad. There is one just labeled Chicken Salad,and another one with Cranberries and Almonds. Both are really good. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

SO glad I saw this bc I was gonna create a thread myself! I just got back from Aldi. Once I saw it in the paper, I knew if I didn't get out there today, they'd probably be gone by Sunday. That's how things go at the Aldi here in my area of KY. As I was picking through the colors, a lady came up and asked me about the mug. After explaining, she ended up buying a couple of them! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} At my location, they have 3 colors: light blue, hot pink & purple. I liked it bc they had the exact same colors in the lunch containers. GREAT FIND! I tucked those jokers into my TT polka-dot bag and pranced on outta there knowing i'd gotten a good deal!

Regular Contributor

On 1/10/2014 Barbarainnc said:

Thanks for letting us know about the mugs, just went and got 3!!!

Aldi's has really good chicken salad. There is one just labeled Chicken Salad,and another one with Cranberries and Almonds. Both are really good. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

I hit submit before I mentioned this...YES, the chicken salad is to DIE FOR! A friend turned me on to it. I'd passed it several times & thought nothing of it. When we got it, I had to take it away from hubby bc he was eating out of the container w/a spoon! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Regular Contributor

I went to our brand new Aldi's last night. SO excited to have one close by. I did get two of the mugs. They are smaller than the ones QVC sells. The ones I got were 22 oz and the Q's are 32oz I think. Still a great cup to heat up soup in the micro.

Just doubled check- the Q has both sizes, 22.8 and 32. So we got a great deal not having to pay for shipping.