Occasional Contributor

If you like Sistema Soup Mugs, run to Aldi's!

I am so tickled that I found these! What a deal---$2.99 each and no shipping! They have lots of colors and are made in New Zealand (not China). I bought 6 red ones and will fill with goodies for Valentine's gifts, plus bought more in other colors for myself. Showed my husband, and he had never heard of them before, and thought they were such a clever idea--something everyone can use. (I had heard that they had mugs at TJMaxx at a great price, but this deal is the bomb!) {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Frequent Contributor

Re: If you like Sistema Soup Mugs, run to Aldi's!

I bought one at BBB, paid more than you did but did have a coupon. I haven't used it yet, want to see how well it cooks oatmeal. Hopefully no spillover. Will have to check-out Aldi's, we have one but I don't get over there very often.

Honored Contributor

They really are great for soup because you can put the whole can in there and save what you don't eat easily. Shoprite here in NJ has some on special this week too not at the store I went to though

Super Contributor

Thanks for the heads up! We just got an Aldi's and I have been meaning to go.

Contributor

On 1/5/2014 grits3 said:

I bought one at BBB, paid more than you did but did have a coupon. I haven't used it yet, want to see how well it cooks oatmeal. Hopefully no spillover. Will have to check-out Aldi's, we have one but I don't get over there very often.

I have one also I got at Marshalls. Yes oatmeal does spew over. But otherwise I love using it. Also be careful of anything with red sauce it does stain the inside. I read the instructions after using it for tomato soup. It recommended cooking spray with anything red base. The stain doesn't bother me I'm the only one using it. Mine's teal.
Trusted Contributor

Yes, Aldi's has all kind of 'get healthy' stuff this week. Juicers, exercise equipment, diet foods, etc. The Systema cups are $3. I have the Aldi's app on my tablet/smart phone. They will tell you the upcoming specials, give great recipes, etc.

Honored Contributor

I bought a couple at Tjmaxx. One was a salad bowl with a little cup for salad dressing and the other has plastic utensils that snap into the lid. Definitely can't beat $2.99 for a cup though.

New Contributor

I saw your post about a week or so ago and remembered it today when I went by my local Aldi's store. I went in there and just had the best time looking at everything. I can always count on Aldi's for good prices and different and great products. I purchased five of the Sistema soup mugs. You are right, lots of great colors and the same 22-0z ones that the Q sells in sets of four for more money and then there is shipping costs. Thanks for the original posting of this. I sure took advantage of it and am glad I did!!

Regular Contributor

OMG! Thanks for the heads up! We absolutely love these things. I started out by buying two of them, one for myself and one for DD for us to take our lunches in everyday. Found out after just a couple days that two wasn't enough and got three more. I'll be heading to Aldi tomorrow in hopes of buying several more!!
Respected Contributor

They also had a neat little lunch cube for the same price:

Product Details

You can put a sandwich on one side, which is then covered up, and the other side is divided in two for chips or salad or whatever.

Another good deal they have right now is the large, family size George Foreman grill for $29.99.