Trusted Contributor

Re: If you have one, how often do you use your hot air fryer?

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@grandma petes wrote:

I use my Ninja Foodi at least 4 times a week. I use the Aircrisp feature for so many things.....the best of course is reheating pizza....no more soggy microwaved pizza. It's amazing for Hot Dogs...they taste better than even cooking on an outside grill. Any kind of frozen appetizer can be cooked in the Air Fryer...with amazing results. Chicken wings....Mozzarella Sticks....Taquitos....the sky's the limit. Just experiment....you will find tons of uses.

@grandma petes  I never thought to do hot dogs in the air fryer. What temperature and how long do you leave them in? TY

I usually set it to about 390 and then cook them for about 10-12 minutes, but I check them every couple of minutes...some brands of hot dogs cook differently. They really turn out so well. The taste is amazing.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner ---I thought the same way you did about an airfryer, that is was all about the snacks stuff, which we don't eat either---but you know, I use mine for roasting turkey thighs/ breast. same with chicken and other meats--pork chops, burgers meatballs, steaks---and it is so easy and very delicious too. I also airfry my veggies--they get a lovely brown, roasted flavor. Have done french fies too, not gonna lie, but I have gotten alot of use out of mine. I have a bigger one from the Instant Pot brand. I haven't baked anything yet but will try that out too.My fryer is square and not the egg shaped style which I don't like. it takes 22 minutes for my big oven to heat up-----it takes 2-3 minutes for the airfryer---

Trusted Contributor

We had an extra large air fryer and hardly ever used it. Smoked too much and I really never found alot that was all that great in there. We liked cooking a whole chicken and then veggies after, tastes like they're cooked on an outside grill. We gave that air fryer to my son, they love it. We got a ninja foodi and we use that thing all the time. I cooked bacon in the basket earlier and then eggs in the pot, so good.

Trusted Contributor

@qualitygal We don't eat many frozen snack foods, but I love the air fryer for baked potatoes (poke holes in them, rub with olive oil, sprinkle salt on top, cook about 45 min.). The skin is crispy, and the inside is fluffy! The air fryer makes the best roasted brussels sprouts (toss with olive oil, salt & pepper and cook on high about 25-30 min.). Hamburgers in the air fryer are super juicy and browned. Great flavor!

Frequent Contributor

@grandma petes wrote:

I use my Ninja Foodi at least 4 times a week. I use the Aircrisp feature for so many things.....the best of course is reheating pizza....no more soggy microwaved pizza. It's amazing for Hot Dogs...they taste better than even cooking on an outside grill. Any kind of frozen appetizer can be cooked in the Air Fryer...with amazing results. Chicken wings....Mozzarella Sticks....Taquitos....the sky's the limit. Just experiment....you will find tons of uses.

We have an older infomercial-type air fryer and mostly use it if we don't want to heat up the kitchen, but I also think it's the best way  to do chicken wings or frozen commercial foods like fries, egg rolls, coconut shrimp, etc.  👍🏻

Honored Contributor

Well on  2nd thought, guess I need  to see what I can do with it.

Respected Contributor

I used my cooks essentials a lot when I got it but not so much now, I hate cleaning it with all the little holes esp when cooking chicken. The main reason I don't use it much. I have to soak it for hours. 

Valued Contributor

My husband bought one of the first Cook's Essentials air fryers. I didn't want one but he got it anyway.  It sat on the counter for a long time and I put it away. I use it from time to time but not like I probably should. He even bought the air fryer cook books from the Blue Jean Chef.  I like her but some of her recipes are  more involved with fancy ingredients I don't care about.

He also bought a yo nanas.  That's going in my next yard sale as we don't use it at all.

Respected Contributor

I have the Ninja Foodi and during the summer the air fryer is all I use.   I might use the sauté setting for a breakfast scramble.  But the AF is my favorite function on this great little machine.

Super Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 @I got so tired of soaking the basket.  My son ordered online perforated parchment paper that fits the basket.  It comes in 8" or 9" round size.  Easier cleanup.  

'"