Honored Contributor

If you have one, how often do you use your hot air fryer?

[ Edited ]

We just don?'t use ours that much.  If you do, what do you use yours for the most?

Husband just came upstairs and it's called Power. (Brand).

Trusted Contributor

Re: If you have one, how often do you use your hot air fryer?

I use my Ninja Foodi at least 4 times a week. I use the Aircrisp feature for so many things.....the best of course is reheating pizza....no more soggy microwaved pizza. It's amazing for Hot Dogs...they taste better than even cooking on an outside grill. Any kind of frozen appetizer can be cooked in the Air Fryer...with amazing results. Chicken wings....Mozzarella Sticks....Taquitos....the sky's the limit. Just experiment....you will find tons of uses.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

We just don?'t use ours that much.  If you do, what do you use yours for the most?

@qualitygal   I’m so glad I saw this because we are really doing some research on Emeril’s new one we’ve seen on tv commercials. I’d love to see what everyone says in this post. 🙂. 

What brand do you have @qualitygal  ?

Honored Contributor

Excellent question!  We're debating about getting one.  And what size would be recommended?  BB&B has a 2.6 quart Dash Tati-Crisp for $30.  Too small????

Honored Contributor

I have the Yedi air fryer and use it about four times a week. It works okay. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Regular Contributor

I use my air fryer almost everyday. I bougt too small and now want Curtis Stone air fryer oven with the same interior as his famous cookware easy clean up etc. cook steaks,hambergers,frozen fries,reheat food.sausage almost anything.bought cookbooks for air frying which really got me started .

Respected Contributor

many xs. Sometimes daily or more. I have one of Paula Deen's first large ones that looks like a big r2 d2. I love it for homemade & purchased french fries. For the homemade I use her recipe . They are much better that fast food ones and hot.

It is great for fish like cod, tilapia, or salmon .  I line the pan with aluminum foil , turn the sides up a bit (of  foil) spritz with oil and season -- about 5 minutes per side and it is usually done from partially frozen. I have found one has to experiment and observe timing for individual dishes. I would not be without one though.

I have found baking in it hit and miss . I usually use the toaster oven for baking in summer , to be sure of results.

Respected Contributor

@wvumountiefan 

I recently posted a lengthy commentary on the Emeril air fryer which I bought about a year ago.  

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I use mine about 4-5 times a week--love the darn thing!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have had one for at least 4 years and haven't used it but maybe 3 times a year.

It depends on what you eat I think.  If you are into fries, and frozen food like wings and lots of small snack items that might normally be fried, I think it is great.

It just doesn't fit the way we eat.  Also, it is more trouble to drag it out an mess with it and clean it than use the oven with a baking sheet and foil or parchment liner. 

But on the other hand we use our Vitamix all the time, wouldn't be without one, so it all depends on what you like to eat!