Esteemed Contributor

Re: If you have an "Instant Pot," would appreciate your opinion.

@Kachina624

Thank you, Kachina.  I'm not familiar with a CE pressure cooker, so will definitely check it out!

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

I love my instant pot. I just made cabbage and kielbasa that was so good. It took 4 minutes after coming to pressure. No cabbage odor in the house, no watching over it and easy cleanup of the stainless steel pot. I have never used the slow cook function because I have read mixed reviews and I still have my crockpot. I even made a cheescake in my IP. I am a single woman and I use it 2-3 times a week. It will definitely replace your rice cooker.

@chessylady

Wow - you made cheesecake in it?!  sounds pretty good to me.  May I ask which brand and model IP you have? 

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

I have a six qt  ******or all in one, and a 3 qt Aroma that are as good as the Instant Pot.

Several big stores are having a home sale and you might be able to get a good price if you search around.

Hmmm, didn't like the name of the appliance.  I didn't make it up.

Fa$gor that I bought at Macy's.

@Scooby Doo

Thanks for the tip.  Was unaware that several large stores are having home sales.  Will definitely head in that direction.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

Mine is a different brand multicooker, not the Instant Pot brand. Same thing, though--pressur ecooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer. I love mine--it's been working like a champ for about 12 years now. And I did get rid of my separate slow cooker and rice cooker. 

Love kitchen gadgets, though, so I still have a low-pressure cooker and an air fryer!

The current comparable pot to mine sold on Q is Item# K304248

6-Quart Multi-Cooker. (Oddly, even though this is an item sold on QVC, the forum prevented me from using the brand name.)

@KaySD

12 years is a long time!  I only hope that the model they're manufacturing these days can stand up to yours!  Thanks so much for providing information and your take on things, plus the current comparable item number.  Will follow up.  Really appreciate it.

Esteemed Contributor

@ptagirl

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to write what you did about the very model I initially asked about.  That means a lot.  And, I do get the sense that I really should use the app, look for current large store sales and simply keep my eyes open for sales and price breaks.

Loved reading why you like your unit and also about purchasing an additional lid and extra seals.  Makes great sense.  Great things for me to latch onto.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@jackthebear

Thank you, jackthebear.  And, thanks for suggesting the price watch app.  Wouldn't have thought of it and since this is rather pricey, I need to do this.  Great idea!

CamelCamelCamel

also around Prime Day the price on the IP is great at least it has been the past 2 years

I just used CCC yesterday to buy something  price changed 7$,  Amz plays those silly games 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sfnative  Thanks for mentioning your experience with Wolfgang Puck's pressure cooker.  I know he gets a lot of good reviews and thought that would be the one for me.  Have to research some more.

I just checked out the one from Breville that has a button to let off the steam so you don't have to fiddle around with it.  Williams Sonoma sells it, but it is over $300.00.  Will try to go to their store in the King of Prussia mall  to check it out.  

The instant pot also have one of those but I don't know much about it.

I would imagine that there will be newly designed and/or redesigned pressure cookers popping up in the houseware show in March.

Please let us know what you end up getting.

Regular Contributor

I have and LOVE my instant pot. I use it many times a week, I've made soup, pasta, rice, hard boiled eggs, on and on. Really easy to use. There are a million repcipes and tips and tricks on Pinterest. Also some really good Instant Pot groups on Facebook. I highly recommend it. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

SFnative, I have the six quart 7 in 1. The cheesecake came out perfectly. The directions I recommend are found on this old gal website. She has pictures and step by step directions with numerous kinds of cheesecake. She also has recipes for many things also some for air fryers. I am a big SF Giants fan and belong to the Sacramento booster club. I will be going to my first opening day this year. Go Giants.

Honored Contributor

The stainless steel inner liner is what sold me.

I would never, never, ever high pressure my food

in a Teflon, non-stick liner.  Stainless is safer...and forever.