Trusted Contributor

Re: If you have a Krispy Kreme near you....

On 1/8/2014 ID2 said:

I have tons of Krispy Kreme donut stores near me now and I've never had the urge to go to one. Donuts are much too fattening. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

You're really missing out on some great donuts. Fattening, yes. But once in a while it's nice to have a really delicious treat!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

On 1/7/2014 FunkyHulaGirl said:

Tomorrow (Wednesday) in honor of Elvis' birthday they're having a special: two dozen donuts (one dozen glazed and one dozen assorted) for $9.99.

Where did you get this information? To my knowledge it's not true.

Honored Contributor

We do not have a Krispy Kreme in this area, but can buy their boxed doughnuts @ WalMart and several local grocery stores. The closest Krispy Kreme is in Salem, VA, and anytime we travel through that area on I-81, we always make a detour for fresh doughnuts. Love it when the light is on signaling a fresh batch of hot doughnuts, although we sit in the car and eat several HOT doughnuts before getting back on the road. Love their glazed doughnuts.

Regular Contributor

Dp
Regular Contributor

On 1/8/2014 laibish said:

Hi....this is all bogus....I called the Krispy Krene donuts shops in my area South Florida

and they know of NO promotion of this type....someone is having everyone on and before

they print stuff like this they should check it out....think about it ""Elvis's Birthday"" give me

a break....don't waste your time and drive out looking for a deal....if it sounds too good it

probably B/S.....sorry to ruin your day....laibish

Must be some kind of HOAX. Our nearby Krispy Kreme said they did this once years ago but not today. Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

On 1/8/2014 laibish said:

Hi....this is all bogus....I called the Krispy Krene donuts shops in my area South Florida

and they know of NO promotion of this type....someone is having everyone on and before

they print stuff like this they should check it out....think about it "Elvis's Birthday" give me

a break....don't waste your time and drive out looking for a deal....if it sounds too good it

probably B/S.....sorry to ruin your day....laibish

No, it's not...I found out about it from signs all over my local Krispy Kreme store, and I asked the clerk about it to confirm. I DID get two dozen donuts today for $9.99, since they freeze well. Obviously not all stores are particpating; those in my area are. (And BTW, aren't you Little Miss Sunshine!)

Super Contributor

I celebrated my return to the states by going to KK Wednesday. The Marietta, GA KK has the promotion every year, and you got to pick out your favs for both boxes.

Honored Contributor

Aren't these franchise operations? We don't have them here, but I do notice we are on the border for McDonald's franchises, one participates in promos a lot and the other doesn't.

Honored Contributor

Subway is the same way. Not all stores participate in all programs. I don't know why, it's free advertising and benefits them with future business, but I guess they have their reasons not to partiicpate.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Funky---so funny you mentioned KK--brought back memories of when the company my hubs still works for, built several of them here in WA state and one day--he brought home at least, 5 dozen dough nuts in boxes . The new store was training before they opened and gave all the crew as many boxes as they wanted. Holy cow!! I gave a box to everyone. I'm not a dough nut person so they didn't appeal to me at all. Now there are just a couple stores still around.