Respected Contributor

Re: If you have a Krispy Kreme near you....

There's just one store near me, and they make all the KK donuts that are sold in the area. It's in walking distance of my house, and the drive-through window is open 24/7. {#emotions_dlg.crying} They also give a discount to police officers, although I rarely see any in there. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Respected Contributor

There's just one store near me, and they make all the KK donuts that are sold in the area. It's in walking distance of my house, and the drive-through window is open 24/7. {#emotions_dlg.crying} They also give a discount to police officers, although I rarely see any in there. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

On 1/10/2014 wagirl said:

Funky---so funny you mentioned KK--brought back memories of when the company my hubs still works for, built several of them here in WA state and one day--he brought home at least, 5 dozen dough nuts in boxes . The new store was training before they opened and gave all the crew as many boxes as they wanted. Holy cow!! I gave a box to everyone. I'm not a dough nut person so they didn't appeal to me at all. Now there are just a couple stores still around.

I remember when the news would talk about lines in Issaquah when KK first opened there. I think the company did the franchise owners in when they started selling them in supermarkets. There were nothing special anymore. What do they say 7 seconds in the microwave?

Respected Contributor

I've had the ones from supermarkets....they're just not the same. I mean, they come from the same factory/store, but by the time they're sold they're a day or two old. Besides, my favorites aren't sold in stores, such as the raspberry or lemon filled, and the monthly specials.

Honored Contributor

On 1/10/2014 FunkyHulaGirl said:

I've had the ones from supermarkets....they're just not the same. I mean, they come from the same factory/store, but by the time they're sold they're a day or two old. Besides, my favorites aren't sold in stores, such as the raspberry or lemon filled, and the monthly specials.

That is all we have in my town too and I refuse to let my first bite of a Krispy Kreme come from a box and not their bakery shelf. I am only couple hours from Dallas so one day I will seek them out and maybe I will be just in time for "hot donuts!"

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Beckyb, if the HOT sign isn't flashing when you get there, it's worth waiting for! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I keep telling myself that surely anything so weightless and airy can't possibly have more than maybe 5 calories... {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Honored Contributor

On 1/10/2014 DiAnne said:
On 1/10/2014 wagirl said:

Funky---so funny you mentioned KK--brought back memories of when the company my hubs still works for, built several of them here in WA state and one day--he brought home at least, 5 dozen dough nuts in boxes . The new store was training before they opened and gave all the crew as many boxes as they wanted. Holy cow!! I gave a box to everyone. I'm not a dough nut person so they didn't appeal to me at all. Now there are just a couple stores still around.

I remember when the news would talk about lines in Issaquah when KK first opened there. I think the company did the franchise owners in when they started selling them in supermarkets. There were nothing special anymore. What do they say 7 seconds in the microwave?

DiAnne--I know you are a WA state girl--my husband did the Issaquah store as well as the one near Graham. I had friends that would get up early on the weekends to drive to Issaquah for fresh donuts--crazy!!! And even the high school kids would sell them in the boxes for fund raisers.

Respected Contributor

BTW, if you go to friendsofkrispykreme.com and sign up for their e-club, you get a coupon right away for a free donut as well as periodic coupons for deals and freebies, including a free donut for your birthday. (It's a well-known fact that FREE donuts have no calories! Wink) Since that's the company's main site, I assume that promotion is good at all stores.

I had two of the original glazed I got from the Elvis' birthday deal for breakfast - I had frozen most of the two dozen, and they were just like fresh! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} I figure after the week I've had, I deserve it...