Occasional Contributor

Re: If you eat fried chicken out, where do you go??

Cracker Barrel.

Frequent Contributor

On 7/11/2014 lilypadfrog said: Jules, I have been to Brookville many times. Had the best chicken I have ever eaten. My family would go there for special times. About the only thing I miss from the Midwest.

OMG, have traveled the world-over and lived elsewhere but count my blessings everyday that I live in the Midwest with or without friend chicken. Life is great here. Agree with you about Brookville, it is great - just don't get out that way too often.

Super Contributor

This isn't a dine in place but in Charlotte there is a popular place called Price's Chicken Coop. You get two pieces of fried chicken, hush puppies, tater tots and iced tea. There are lines out the door every time we go. There is a park nearby and we go and gave a picnic after purchasing chicken at Price's.
Super Contributor

On 7/11/2014 birkin baby said:

Price' s Chicken Coop....Charlotte,NC. Sitting on the curb eating this chicken is one of life's simple pleasures.If you are in Charlotte just go. It's so good.

birkinbaby looks like we're both from Charlotte. That place is great! Do wish that they would take debit cards though. It's easier than carrying cash. The good thing though is that there is an ATM in the store.
Super Contributor

KFC. Love it!

Respected Contributor

On 7/11/2014 MaryV said:
On 7/11/2014 luvpoos said:

On occasion my husband will bring home a bucket of KFC. I never touch it but maybe once a year grab a breast and pull the skin off. I must admit I like their potatoes, biscuits and gravy. He loves the stuff but it's probably only about three times a year. We never order fried chicken in a restaurant nor do I make it. I am more of a seafood or steak person when we eat out.

I see your location. Have you ever had fried chix from Bongi,s, the next town over. Very good. We hardly eat it, but a treat.

Yes, we live about 10 minutes from Bonjis. I often get my turkey there for Thanksgiving. Love their butternut squash also. Their pot pies are great also, but never have tried their fried chicken. We don't eat much fried food of any type, but maybe I will surprise my husband one night when he comes home for dinner.

Frequent Contributor

Popeye's and the Cracker Barrel's Sunday fried chicken (it's different than the friend chicken they serve during the other week days).
Honored Contributor

I don't cook anymore.....don't like restaurants because I can't eat a whole meal........so I mostly go to the deli for takeouts. Safeway's fried chicken is my favorite for ""fried"" anything.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

KFC. DH loves it. Our KFC closed due to poor management. When we're in a neighboring down about 35 miles from home, DH often heads to KFC. There is no Popeye's in out region.

Respected Contributor

KFC. I fell in love with the way the old southern gentleman prepared it in his converted gas stations ( I was a baby{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} er adolescent ) We only buy it a few xs a year but it is still pretty good if we hit a store that is professional. Love the breast , mashed potatoes, and I have never found better slaw! I have tried 'knock off' recipes for the slaw at home but never have duplicated it!