Honored Contributor

If you do low carb, do you use anyone's recipes or just do what you want?

Thinking of getting a couple more and newer versions of Stella's books. First I want to try a couple of the ones I already have of his. 

Frequent Contributor

Re: If you do low carb, do you use anyone's recipes or just do what you want?

I use a lot of recipes from Taste of Home and pay close attention to the carb count they provide on most of their recipes. They have some wonderful recipes that are very carb-healthy. On the flip side, I also see a lot of recipes on the Taste of Home website that are decidedly high in carbs per serving. One of my favorite features on the website is the ability to create your own on-line recipe file. One of my folders contains only recipes that are low carb, making it easier to plan meals using lower carb options.

Trusted Contributor

If you belong to FB, there are many groups that are very good offering recipes, snacks and revisions of "normal" recipes to make them low carb. You can follow them and the pictures people post of their weight losses.

Honored Contributor

@lakesfan wrote:

I use a lot of recipes from Taste of Home and pay close attention to the carb count they provide on most of their recipes. They have some wonderful recipes that are very carb-healthy. On the flip side, I also see a lot of recipes on the Taste of Home website that are decidedly high in carbs per serving. One of my favorite features on the website is the ability to create your own on-line recipe file. One of my folders contains only recipes that are low carb, making it easier to plan meals using lower carb options.

Hey, great Idea!!!  I'll look through some of those I have. I'm going to separate the ones I gather and use too. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

We just grill a lot and use all kinds of rubs.

Honored Contributor

My husband was recently diagnosed as being pre-diabetic, so we are more careful with out diet now. We haven't sought out dedicated "low-carb" recipes and most definitely will not buy some of the low-carb food on the market these days. We just adapt recipes and take heed of the Glycemic Index/Load as a guide.

He is also losing weight and adding some exercise to his routine.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland