Honored Contributor

Re: If this makes me low-down and...

I don't care for their coffee either!  Over priced and just not my thing!  I don't particularly care for Dunkin either.  I think their coffees are very strong.  I like plain old coffee.  We had a mom and pop coffee and donut shop that had the best regular old coffee and donuts and it closed a couple years ago when Dunkin went it almost right across the street!  I always thought Panera had very good coffee and baked things but have not been there since before the virus hit.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

It never crossed my mind to care about what kind of coffee someone drinks.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

...trashy, so be it.

I don't like Starbuck's coffee; it always tastes burned to me.

On his last trip to Safeway grabbed--for some reason--a bag of Dunkin' Donuts Coffe...and it's 100 times better than than Starbucks!

So if that makes me lowdown and trashy, so be it. I just don't like the taste of burned or sour coffee.

When my younger son (now 37) was about 6, he and Iwere "in town" early one morning for some reason, and I decided to give the fancy new coffee shop a try.

When I got inside, I realized that with the extensive, posh menu and the mobs of frenzied caffeine cravers, I had NO IDEA how to order a CUP OF COFFEE, LIGHT, NO SUGAR, so we left. I've never entered a Starbucks since.

Several years later, my honored DIL managed a Starbucks while finishing graduate school, and gave me a few large Starbucks mugs as gifts, and I LOVE THEM to this day. 

Not so, the coffee. I make my own, light, no sugar.

Esteemed Contributor

There are different types of coffee  . 

Star Bucks is a French Roast coffee. There are many mild roast  coffees such as  Gloria Jeans, Green Mountain , Dunkin Donuts .

Honored Contributor

My mother is 92 and a big coffee drinker.  She is sold on Tim Horton's. She has had to go to decaffinated coffee in the past 3 or 4 yrs. and she says it's the best decaf around. It is good but DH and I are Folger's people (not decaf). We find something we like and pretty much stick with it.  

Believe it or not we have never even tried Starbucks.  Just give me coffee of almost any kind with Pumpkin Spice Creamer and I'm a happy camper!

Esteemed Contributor

I like several different coffee's and in the northeast what you pay for a Dunkin cup of coffee is not far off from what you pay for a Starbucks.   Starbucks also has different beans so you can get a mild or medium roast if you cannot tolerate or dislike strong coffee (bold).  I brew it at home and it's fine for us, my all time favorite is Peet's coffee which I buy online.   Whichever you like, enjoy your morning coffee Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I like Starbucks Iced Frap with whipped cream. I don't like hot coffee. Never found a Dunkin coffee drink I like and I don't know if they're everywhere but Duch Bros is ok but not great. We have a small local (at least I think it's local to Arizona) called Bikini Beans. Yes the girls are wearing thong bikinis but that's not why I go there. They have a really good coffee drink called DDD Blondie with whipped. I go almost every Sunday and get two for my hubby and me.

Trusted Contributor

I am not a fan of Starbucks either nor do I like fancy coffee, just giveme a regular cup of coffee with some cream and I am a happy woman.

Respected Contributor

Starbuck's has a blonde roast that's pretty good 

They only have it brewed in the morning though

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

In a recent rating poll of take away coffee I noted that McDonald's ranked #1, Dunkin #2, Tim Hortons #3 and Starbucks  at the bottom of the heap.  One man's trash is another man's gold!! lol lol