Super Contributor

Re: If someone went snooping around your kitchen….

Paper cupcake liners. I can't even remember the last time I made cupcakes or muffins, but when my son was young and in school, I made them all the time. And something in my brain possessed me to buy cupcake liners every time I bought stuff to make cupcakes. A package of them contains enough to make several batches, so there were always a lot left over every time. I must have thousands of those things. I don't know why I don't throw them away.

Honored Contributor

On 6/2/2014 PurpleBunny said: Toys. My son hangs out in there and thinks it's his playroom.

Aaawwww. I remember those days. I like my home very neat and tidy, with nothing out of place, but during those young years with my son, I treasured the playpen in the living room, the baskets of books and toys in just about every room, all the while, remembering that "this too, shall pass". It has passed, and I have my neat and tidy house back (for the most part), but gone too, is my baby boy, grown almost to manhood.

Treasure the leggos and hot wheels on the floor, and too many stuffed animals laying everywhere, as it all goes away (and they grow up) way too soon.

Super Contributor

coffee mugs and Lock N Lock !

Honored Contributor

crumbs

Valued Contributor

I would tell them to leave.

Respected Contributor

Maybe too many sets of dishes, because it seems his deceased wife loved them as much as I do, and there's a plentiful selection!! We could entertain Congress, although who would want to do so!

They would also find immaculately clean and clear countertops. DH can't stand to have "things" sitting around on the counters, and cleans and clears them daily. It's his fixation - not mine for sure.

Respected Contributor

utensils ... tongs, slotted spoons, spatulas, etc ..... way, way too many ... and way, way too many duplicates ... DH likes to buy them and "forgets" we have one at home already!