Respected Contributor

If You Like to Spike Your Hot Chocolate...

Try a cream liqueur called Ricura.  It’s even better than Bailey’s in hot chocolate.  Ricura is made with Caribbean rum, cream, and natural cinnamon flavors.  Holy cow, I’m officially hooked, LOL!  It tastes so good in hot chocolate, it’s unbelievable, and I just had it with a Swiss Miss packet of hot chocolate, nothing fancy.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

Re: If You Like to Spike Your Hot Chocolate...

I don't like hot chocolate, but I may have to try this in my coffee. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds yummy,Will try it. My favorite liqueur to add to coffee & hot chocolate is Amaretto.I love it!!

Respected Contributor

Another good liqueur to add to hot chocolate is butterscotch schnapps - learned this from a bartender.

Denise
Honored Contributor

Frangelico is good in hot chocolate or coffee too. (Hazelnut flavor)

Someone  needs to set up a hot cocoa and coffee bar.  Don't forget the whipped cream.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

( Oops, double post)

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

I will definitely try your other suggestions too, as they sound wonderful. 😁. I think I’ll pick up a few nips in various liqueurs when I go back to get more of the Ricura.

Honored Contributor

What I would like is a non-alcoholic form of Bailey's Irish Cream.  Quit drinking alcohol years ago, but I sure miss this one.

Respected Contributor

I like Peppermint Schnapps  in my hot chocolate along with 2 marshmellows.  Nice tasting Christmas drink by the fire.

Respected Contributor

You have a very good point and so do the others that have chimed in with some other great add ins! I've been sick with a head cold and mixing whiskey into my chamomile tea and theraflu. It is the only way to take that nasty theraflu that works great but dang it tastes bad. It also works well mixed with Nyquil. Dang if that stuff doesn't work a lot quicker and longer. One shot is all you need. Don't go overboard as alcohol magnifies the effects of medications. If you have a headache take some tylenol or whatever with some caffeine. It will go to work faster. Caffeine does the same thing but is a stimulant, thus I don't take it with Nyquil when I want to sleep so alcohol is a depressant and works well for this.