Respected Contributor

Re: If You Like Zojirushi Bread Machines

@Sooner - thanks for the good deal tip!  Would you mind sharing your recipe for whole wheat bread?  I've yet to find a good one for bread machines, thanks!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

There is an AMAZING (amaz!) deal on the smaller 1 pound Zojirushi Maestro bread machine for $242.99 today and WOW is that a good price.

It makes THE best whole wheat bread in a little over 2 hours.  We've had one 2 years and love it!  

@Sooner 

Still on sale today Cyber Monday.

Looks like a good deal too me. Amazon also has the Supreme for $246.49. Can't decide if I should buy one & which one? 

We do generally make a 1 lb loaf. The Supreme makes a sourdough starter but the Maestro doe not? Guess I would have to make my own starter for the Maestro to make sourdough bread. 

I think I like the idea of the Supreme making the starter in about 2 hrs so we can have light sourdough bread?

On the fence not sure which to buy if either?

We have a Panasonic right now that we basically use to make the dough.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

There is an AMAZING (amaz!) deal on the smaller 1 pound Zojirushi Maestro bread machine for $242.99 today and WOW is that a good price.

It makes THE best whole wheat bread in a little over 2 hours.  We've had one 2 years and love it!  

@Sooner 

Looks like a good deal too me. Amazon also has the Supreme for $246.49. Can't decide if I should buy one & which one? 

We do generally make a 1 lb loaf. The Supreme makes a sourdough starter but the Maestro doe not? Guess I would have to make my own starter for the Maestro to make sourdough bread. 

I think I like the idea of the Supreme making the starter in about 2 hrs so we can have light sourdough bread?

@Nightowlz I wouldn't let sourdough be the decider.  Go with the size you want space wise and how much you will eat wise.  And all the courses it makes.  We used the Euro bread one last night and made some good herb bread.  

Zo's are great machines and a lot of fun!  

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz I just looked all of them up.  While they are all good, the Maestro and the Virtuoso do in my experience, make better loaves.  Not a world better, but they have more types of bread they make, and we both think do a better job than earlier models. And we've had them all!  In our long history of bread machines! Woman Wink

With Amazon, you can always send it back.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner 

@Nightowlz I wouldn't let sourdough be the decider.  Go with the size you want space wise and how much you will eat wise.  And all the courses it makes.  We used the Euro bread one last night and made some good herb bread.  

Zo's are great machines and a lot of fun!  

@Sooner 

Thanks for your reply. If I get one might as well go with the Maestro since it makes a 1 lb loaf.

We make a 1 lb loaf once per week. We found if we make the 1 1/2 lb we ended up throwing it out to the birds. 

DH uses the machine to make dough for bread, rolls etc.

I would like a machine that also bakes good bread.

He does not like the shape the machine makes. 

He uses a pullman pan with lid so it looks just like regular sandwich slices.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner   Is this on QVC or another site?  I looked at QVC's machines and I didn't see any for $242.99.   Maybe they sold out?

Honored Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner   Is this on QVC or another site?  I looked at QVC's machines and I didn't see any for $242.99.   Maybe they sold out?

@KatieB Amazon amazing.

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness I don't know how this works in other machines but what we use is online if you Google Zojirushi Recipe Book for Maestro Baker and the whole book will come up.  I can't copy it.  Sorry!

Respected Contributor

@Sooner - thanks!

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness wrote:

@Sooner - thanks!

@HerRoyaLioness Enjoy!  Some good recipes there!  And easy!