Honored Contributor

If You Are Serving More Than Yourself In The Evening Regularly.......

Are your meals the same?

We like different parts of the chicken, so he will grill for himself and me.

When it comes to leftovers, I may have more leftover whatever and he may have a leftover choice from the other day.  I could eat salmon for days.  He has it I had some oriental mixed vegies from Sams I love, he doesn't so I fix him some mustard greens.

One of us may not want that item and chose a salad.

I don't cook two different meals from scratch.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: If You Are Serving More Than Yourself In The Evening Regularly.......

When I cook, about 4 days a week, I cook one meal for the 3 of us.I won't make anything that one of us doesn't like.We all eat the same thing.When we order in every one orders what they would like.

Honored Contributor

We seldom cook anything that we both don't like, because we like about everything!

We have leftovers sometimes and if only one wants them, the other will have something they like such as canned fish, peanut butter sandwich, egg sandwich, etc.  

We are excellent at repourposing leftovers into something very different!  

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Are your meals the same?

We like different parts of the chicken, so he will grill for himself and me.

When it comes to leftovers, I may have more leftover whatever and he may have a leftover choice from the other day.  I could eat salmon for days.  He has it I had some oriental mixed vegies from Sams I love, he doesn't so I fix him some mustard greens.

One of us may not want that item and chose a salad.

I don't cook two different meals from scratch.

@Sooner Since DH is the top computer guy in a town of 400,00, many times his lunch was "a protein bar and a small apple", according to him.  NO way would I let him have a sandwich for dinner (although, "thick juicy burgers") are in a class by themselves.

I studied nutrition as part of my major.  He won't take a vitamin, but will eat a salad, and now, surprisingly a roasted vegetable (crust freak)!!!

I try to make up a day's disaster in all the minerals and vitamins that enable and control impulses in the brain and metabolism every day for him!

Honored Contributor

When my girls are home, I cook mainly what they like.  When they’re away, my husband and I eat easy fix things, like soup and sandwich or breakfast for supper.   

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

We generally eat the same thing but he has more of an appetite than I do some evenings.  If he is hungry, I fix him something but I may just eat an apple and cheese.  If (when we were working) we had a decent lunch, at dinner if we were not hungry  we would have cheese and crackers or if there is any dessert in the house we'd have dessert and coffee.

On a side note, since we have been eating at home every meal, boy has my grocery bill exploded!