Respected Contributor

Re: Ice Cream Floats, Yes or No?

The very first soda type drink I tasted when I literally just ‘got  off the boat’  arriving in America -  Utah to be precise  - was a root beer float - absolute heaven - had never had anything like this before.  Love root beer floats.

Respected Contributor

I loved them when I was a kid.  It's not a coke thing... we only had Pepsi.  As an adult, I only use seltzer.  Add chocolate syrup or vanilla, then the ice cream.  YUM!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I no longer drink carbonated soft drinks and I am not a big fan of ice cream, never was.

When  I was a kid I made floats with orange soda or root beer and vanilla ice cream. I can't remember the last times I had one.

As fast as I buy ice cream, my DH eats it.  He has a bowl or two every night.  If anyone wanted a float, they would have to act fast!

Respected Contributor

Yes, LOVE root beer floats!

Respected Contributor

I prefer a vanilla egg cream. 

Honored Contributor

When my son was 13 he was diagnosed w/ type 1 diabetes. We made many changes in his diet. One was root beer floats made w/diet root beer. Delicious.

Respected Contributor

Bought some vanilla ice cream with A&W root beer and orange soda just this week for a treat! 

Denise
Trusted Contributor

Root Beer Floats are amoung my favorite things

Regular Contributor

Are Bostonians the only ones that call soda: "tonic"?

Honored Contributor

Haven't had one for eons, but I remember the A&W Root Beer Float being very tasty.

I think we still have an A&W, although I haven't been to that part of town for a while, but have kind of wondered if they are still as good as they used to be.