Trusted Contributor

I was disappointed watching David's show yesterday.  During this crisis grocery store shelves are still empty in many stores.  People are not finding a lot of food items they want/need in many parts of the country.  David said they are not allowed to eat any of the food shown on set.  So what is happening to all this food?  Are they just throwing it away?  So much food was offered either as a food item for sale or in the cooking/baking items shown it just seems very unfair to me to be wasting food.  I know they want to show how non-stick the cookware is or how lovely food is presented in Temptations (just an example), but does everything have to be filled to capacity with food?  I think QVC is being disrespectful during this difficult time.  What do you think?

Respected Contributor

@WORKING GAL What is them not eating the food going to do ?Why would that matter ??

Respected Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

@WORKING GAL What is them not eating the food going to do ?Why would that matter ??

It equals to a lot of waste is what. And if you notice during food shows they have not one but many huge platters of whatever they're selling. Does it all go in the trash after the show?

Trusted Contributor

Re: ITKWD on 4/1

[ Edited ]

@BeccaLou - Normally, the hosts and crew eat the food after it is shown on air so it doesn't go to waste.  Since they are not allowed to eat the food for safety reasons now, why prepare so much food and then throw it away?  Where I live, it is still hard to find a lot of food items and it seems so wasteful and irresponsible during this pandemic.  That was my point!

Trusted Contributor

@KKJ - Thank you - maybe you made it clearer than I did.  I'm not sure becca lou got my point.  Stay safe.

Esteemed Contributor

Agree with OP.........to sell a $24 dish you don't need 14 examples of what to put in it.  Think we've been cooking long enough to...........figure it out for ourselves.  But..............that's QVC ...everything is over done or ridiculous.

Esteemed Contributor

The hosts have stated that the policy for now is not to eat the food on air. That does not mean the food is all just being thrown away, though I'm sure some of it will be (as always) due to prolonged exposure to the hot studio lights and other potential issues. It is very likely that there are the same people/roles keeping track of which food is still safe to preserve and share now as there always has been. And I've definitely noticed a big difference in how many packages get opened and the fact that very little of the food is touched or broken open in recent presentations, which is something they may be wise to adopt as an ongoing approach.

Respected Contributor

@WORKING GAL What are the safety reasons ? If they all wear gloves . Not making any sense to me.

Respected Contributor

@loriqvc Davids been touching things without gloves. And when they tried 2 or 3 people they literally ran from each other and couldn't stay far away. But now it's just one. ??

Honored Contributor

Hard to do a cooking show without food, and no one would watch them boil water for a couple of hours. I find any show requiring social distancing to be a distraction, although it is a necessary one. As someone else said, they don't need to show so many baked items when selling Temp-tations.