Honored Contributor

Re: ITKWD - new kitchen item suggestions?

I have seen them on Amazon.  I have one from Curtis Stone and I leave it over one side of my sink all the time.  When items like L n L and plastic items don't fully dry in the dishwasher, I put them on this rack to dry.

Honored Contributor

I see no need for QVC to carry these since they are sold on HSN.  Tired of seeing the same items on both channels.  

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

I see no need for QVC to carry these since they are sold on HSN.  Tired of seeing the same items on both channels.  

ITA with you on that.   No disrespect intended towards the OP at all, but I see a lot of threads over the years here asking about QVC carrying all kinds of items that you can easily get elsewhere, and probably in the case of many of them for much less (Fiesta is a good example of that).    

If everybody sold all the same stuff that would be pretty boring.   Well, it would make the items cheaper from some retailers, but I'm pretty sure that QVC would not be one in that category.

This whole QVC/hsn thing now with the cross-selling of the same vendor products seems odd to me.   I think one thing that makes it weird is that one will sell the exact same thing for a completely different price than the other.   I just hope people comparison shop.

I'm not anti-QVC or anything.  But it has its place and its place is not really for every kind of merchandise.

Esteemed Contributor

I'll have to try that over the sink rack.  I have a foldable wooden one but could use that downstairs.  I find under-the-sink storage a challenge.  I wish QVC would offer various items for this type of storage.  I keep my cleaning supplies, trash/paper bag storage, etc.  Anyways it's a battle pulling things from the back and around the pipes:  there's gotta be a better way.  

I must admit, as much as I used to look forward to ITKWD, I simply cannot watch much of it anymore.  Nothing much is new, same vendors, products, etc.  Never really liked Bob Bowersox, but I did enjoy his shows:  he actually cooked - really cooked using the products he was selling; something David does not do.  At best, David dumps a bunch of pre-measured ingredients into a bowl and walla - that' it!

I'm also so sick and tired of Stacy/Mary reporting on what's coming up, what others are saying/doing online, etc.  I feel these distactions are just fillers.  I also don't need colors called out twenty-five times.  A couple times would suffice.

So more product diversity and totally completing recipes on the show would get my interest back!