Respected Contributor

Re: ITKWD = live studio audience on 1/22

@sunshine45 wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

what is the obsession with David V.?

obsession? maybe people just enjoy listening to him and the vendors or watching him demo items. now they will get to see him in person doing those things.

People go crazy if he's on vacation or not on air when expected.....weird.

Respected Contributor

I'd forgotten all about the live shows. It's been so long since there were any. 

Honored Contributor

I went to a live show many years ago.  It was a Bob Macke show.  Marybeth was the host and Shawn was a new hire being trained by Marybeth. 

I'm not a big fan of his clothes but it was fun to go to and see how the show was done.  Bob was gracious and met with each audience member after the show.  He gave out a gift of a scarf to everyone. 

At the time we went on the studio tour and went out to lunch in West Chester.

I would love to go see another show.  Hopefully the Q will start adding more.

Trusted Contributor

I went to a few Live Audience shows years ago.  The shows are fun.  

You get to see what is going on off camera. Models going in and out, new products being brought out to the host etc.

The guests in the audience usually get a gift, a product related to the show. 

Back then, you could take the Studio Tour and visit the Studio Store  The Tours and the Store were discontinued.  

However, the Q Outlet in Malvern/Frazer is only a short distance from the QVC complex. 

https://www.qvc.com/content/information/qvc-outlet-stores-frazer-pa.html

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 I have to agree with @ellaphant , there is this huge following, some may call obsession, with David. I have never understood it myself. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking it, I just don't get it. Because thousands of his calendars and books have been sold along with mugs and such that have "David" on it, I think this does warrant "obsession" for some. A poster stated she purchased something like 12 calendars and gave them as gifts? Um, because I don't know her recipients, they may have loved them. For me, I don't have one family member or friend who would even know who David was let alone want one. 

Another poster stated a day or two ago they were so bummed if they missed his Happy Dance. It's a selling tactic. I have watched him from day one and he has always had some type of "dance" or facial expression. Remember when he was selling scrapbook items with Lisa Bearnson? He would poke his head between the displays and make this silly face. It must work for him as many people adore him. 

Again, I'm just saying I don't understand this following for him but glad that people enjoy a few hours watching him. 

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@ellaphant You're really nic-picking people's posts today. You obviously have some kind or problem or you're bored. 

@ellaphant You're really nic-picking people's posts today. You obviously have some kind or problem or you're bored. 

@ellaphant You're really nic-picking people's posts today.

You can't be serious! Everyday there are posts that are very 

critical of hosts. I'm saying I don't get the attachment to DV-

nice guy, good host but the freak out if he's off is beyond me.

PS - the term is "nitpicking" not "nic-picking"- proper grammar, just

FYI.

Contributor

@ellephant
To use proper grammar, you should have written
every day, not everyday; but I’m not interested in nitpicking.
😉
Respected Contributor

Is anyone attending this event? I am. I was wondering if any 

of our Forum Friends will be there. It would be nice if we'd be able to meet! 😊 

Esteemed Contributor

In case anyone is interested, David clarified during ITKWD tonight that Sunday's show will be a regular studio show for the first two hours and then move to the stages with the live audience (about 135 people) for the last two hours. Lots of vendors and "special guests" are scheduled to be part of the whole show since Sunday is an all-day cooking event on the main channel.

Super Contributor

So, the live studio audience is only from 2pm - 4pm?

Can with live tickets confirm this?

I live in PA, a few minutes from studio park, so I was planning on showing up, and seeing if they have a standby list.  The used to, in the past.

But need to show up at the correct time!  Please cofirm if you do have tickets.  thanks