Respected Contributor

Re: ITKWD just now. Poor presentation.

[ Edited ]

I own this and have purchased 4 more for gifts. Everyone raves about these. Never got cut using this. The blades come out easily, all the pieces work great and I love the colors. I have bought mostly the turquoise as it is exactly the color shown. It is $30.20 with free shipping right now. Watch the video as it is exactly how this works. Easy cleanup.

3F050A5F-4C9D-42B5-B588-9A917247E754.png

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MKR14 

Thank you I have a version of this must be 15+ years ago I bought at Bed Bath & Beyond.  I think it was called the "Vidilia chopper".  I gave it to my kid who still use it.

@Daysdee 

My son the "cook" said I should have kept it BUT honestly many years ago I took the tip of my knuckle off using a mandolin when it "slipped".  10 stitches later, surgery & pt to use my finger again...I'm scared😳 even though probably sturdier now.

Respected Contributor

I am on blood thinner and I have to careful of what I use. I had a mandolin but I cut myself when I washed it and returned it after it was cleaned. There was a note with it explaining what happened.

I also bought the gloves that protect you from cuts. HSN sells them. I have to admit I never have used the gloves and no problem with my new one. The container has a lid also and that is nice.

I wash my dishes by hand as I don’t care for a dishwasher.

The blades lock in and you don’t have to only slide a place to release. 

The demo that HSN shows on this is very good if anyone is interested in this product it shows all of how to use it.

Honored Contributor

This is the one I have, although it is no longer offerered.  All the functions are in the one mandolin with dials to raise and lower the slicing and the other blades.  The other nice thing is one of the hand guards actually attaches to the mandolin so no chance of cutting yourself.  

I also have a couple of old mandolin-type blades stored in the box, one for thick waffle cut and the other for hash brown cuts.

Genius Speed Slicer Plus.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also love my Genius mandolines and Nicer Dicers with all the blades/gadgets; I have both the original big bowl version and the smaller rectangular version and use them often, especially with all the summer salads and fresh fruits and veggies. Chef Tony just debuted a new Genius chopper set last week, if anyone is interested:

https://www.qvc.com/Genius-12-Cup-Chopper-w5-Blades-and-Glass-Baker-wStorage-Lid.product.K49062.html...

Honored Contributor

There is also a time-saving function to the style slicer I showed in my earlier post.  It has to be one that has both the slicing blade and the vertical blade for matchstick/julienne on the same surface.  One-step dicing.  

Here's the technique:  Start at the bottom and swipe up.  This scores the item.  Now turn the item 1/4 turn and swipe down.  This is the 2nd score creating a square and then the slicer cuts the square off.  Return to original position.  Repeat.