Respected Contributor

Re: ITKWD host and personal ordering on air

@Kachina624 The host are shop-o-holics also. One night Jane was on  one of the cook shows and her husband told her "Do not bring another dish into this house" I laughed scaridly.

Respected Contributor

Today the host "ordered" a $600 vaccum cleaner.  Watching devoredly, he must of ordered over $1000 of goods in the last week alone.  I find it hard to believe. Think its a "schtick" to encourage sales. 

Contributor

Who knows if the host is actually ordering?

If we can see things ahead online so can they.

After the purging of the hosts days before, I am sure

those surviving hosts will do exactly what they are told

to do. 

Contributor

QVC has been announcing how many items were sold today, during the show and how many are remaining for thirty years......this is nothing new. If it bothers you so much, you should ahve stopped watching QVC during hour 1 of its creation if you have been watching that long. 

Highlighted
Super Contributor

@eddyandme - I agree. It wasn't a real order, just a pretense.đź’—

Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

I remember years ago that hosts (really the female hosts) what say to on air to their mother or sister, etc who was watching....please order this for me in a pink medium or to a QVC staffer on the side or behind the scenes.  Used to see if for a while there pretty often, this was way back when LR was still there.  Until one time host Jacque was on air with Dennis Basso and she did that....buy such and such for me, and Dennis Basso got so angry.  Said something like, "what is this?  you're personal shopping time/"  I don't think I saw it after that.  Who know if they were actually buying an item or it's just a ploy to try to get you to buy something.

@ScrapHappy Oh that is so funny!  But surprised QVC didn't admonish Dennis, especially if it's part of their sales tactics.  Actually, there was one host who will remain nameless since others may have done it too who was always yelling to someone off-camera to order her multiples of the item she was selling so she could have it in different colors.  I just thought it was a little crass. 

Trusted Contributor

David has been mentioning this more and more, so it must be the thing to do. He did mention that Mary had ordered hers before the show started, but I still think it's a dumb idea. People will get mad if it does sell out and the hosts have ordered them. Or they think the hosts have ordered them.