Esteemed Contributor

Re: ITKWD for the 21st century

[ Edited ]

@HLP - Does your local library sell donated books? The one in my city does, and the cookbooks are among the best sellers each month (my sister works at the library and helps to track donations and sales). Of course, they don't generate much revenue, but the purpose is more to keep books from just being discarded if they still have use value.

I think there are a lot of people like @aroc3435 and me who still really enjoy having physical cookbooks on hand. There are probably plenty of people who would like to have your special books; maybe you just need to find the right location to connect with them...  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I would say that because you aren't a cooking fan and don't watch the shows fully, you have missed many things they offer aimed to those more health concerned. 

They have featured foods that are low fat, gluten free, no added sugar, organic, vegetarian, vegan etc. They have featured cookbooks for all those categories too. They feature kitchen equipment like air fryers to cook with less fats, food savers to preserve fresh foods and avoid pre packaged foods, Vitamix for creating all natural and healthy foods at home, and lots of gadgets and tools that are used by people choosing any kind of food lifestyle.

QVC responds to and offers products that sell. What they sell will change as their viewers change lifestyles and what they demand. 

I think a smart retailer offers a wide variety of products, to attract a wide variety of customers. QVC does this. 

I think it best to let the customer base decide what it wants, and in my opinion, QVC does this by offering a wide range of things to fit various lifestyle food choices. And I emphasize choices. 

@Mominohio - VERY well said!  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

If you need a tv shopping channel to look out for your health, you're missing the big picture here.  

Your missing the point. The food is a heart attack on a plate and David looks very unhealthy. 

Super Contributor

David is a home cook and he really don't buy everything he sells. To me he don"t look unhealthy to me at all. He has gained weight just like most of us as we age. I don't understand why we as adults always say ugly things about each other all the time. He even exercise because he mention it several times when he shows exercise equipment.

At some point in our lives no matter the size we all have the same problems of ilnesses,we all sheltering in place for a virus that has nothing to do with our diets. As for QVC if you have watched his show you would see the variety of food offered just like the grocery store you shop at have the same type of unhealthy food to sell . It is a business and they all cater to a variety of people.

Respected Contributor

@ladyann45 wrote:

David is a home cook and he really don't buy everything he sells. To me he don"t look unhealthy to me at all. He has gained weight just like most of us as we age. I don't understand why we as adults always say ugly things about each other all the time. He even exercise because he mention it several times when he shows exercise equipment.

At some point in our lives no matter the size we all have the same problems of ilnesses,we all sheltering in place for a virus that has nothing to do with our diets. As for QVC if you have watched his show you would see the variety of food offered just like the grocery store you shop at have the same type of unhealthy food to sell . It is a business and they all cater to a variety of people.

David in no way looks healthy. He looks like the millions of Americans who are terribly over weight. Getting older is no excuse for gaining weight. I'm 20 lbs lighter than I was in college. I changed my eating habits.

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

If you need a tv shopping channel to look out for your health, you're missing the big picture here.  

Your missing the point. The food is a heart attack on a plate and David looks very unhealthy. 

It's a free country. The food police need to get over themselves and realize that people are free to choose what they eat, what they weigh, and what level of 'healthy lifestyle' they want to live, or not live.

It isn't up to anyone else what choices each individual makes. Not the government, not me and not you. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@loriqvc  our library sells donated books twice a year.  Great deals $1 or $2 and on the last day, a shopping bag full for $5.  I’m sure the May drive will be cancelled or rescheduled. 

@aroc3435   I still love cookbooks but try the library or half price books.  Always a joy to read and glance.  I had so many Southern Living, taste of home and old Gooseberry books, now I buy much less.  Loved the Christmas cookbooks.