Honored Contributor

Re: ITKWD and Julia?

[ Edited ]

Haven't seen this in ages, not carried by our carrier, but how ironic that "in the kitchen" has someone named "Julia" in it now.  Thought that was cute.Woman Wink

To be clear....Julia as in Julia Child.  Just so you know. 

Adding too, I wonder if any of the women's (hosts) mothers come in here and read these comments.  

Trusted Contributor

Bring back Stacy!

Honored Contributor

Re: ITKWD and Julia?

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal wrote:

Haven't seen this in ages, not carried by our carrier, but how ironic that "in the kitchen" has someone named "Julia" in it now.  Thought that was cute.Woman Wink

To be clear....Julia as in Julia Child.  Just so you know. 

Adding too, I wonder if any of the women's (hosts) mothers come in here and read these comments.  

@qualitygal 

And if relatives and friends of the host read the Forums that's their perogative, but they should remember QVC's business is to sell products. If a host annoys the viewers and viewers turn the channel and don't purchase products that impacts QVC's bottom line and that's what matters to QVC .... This is a FOR PROFIT business and they also have to answer to stockholders, not relatives....It may sound harsh, but that's reality!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

I agree with you totally.  I miss the old days of ONLY kitchen appliances, gadgets, cooking demos, new innovative things, cookbooks with their authors, etc.  I'm seeing less and less of anything that I would consider buying and the cooking shows now have more non cooking items than ever.  The only shows I watched were the cooking shows but now I rarely make it through the entire segment.  Once prepared food or mattresses come on I tune out for the day.  More money in my pocket I guess.  

Trusted Contributor

In the Kitchen with Bob!  At least he had cooking items on there, and they cooked.  No dumb TSV's that took up half the show.  David does too much schtick to sell the goods.  Plus, it is the same old stuff over and over and over.

Trusted Contributor

When is the last time they had a cookbook on ITKWD?  I guess he gave up his Cookbook Corner.  Must have had to clear air time for the stupid TSV they have to do on a cooking show ad nauseum!  

Respected Contributor
Don’t understand why they need a second host to just read social media. Can’t someone behind the scenes read the social media and tell David what people are saying. For my two cents, if cuts are necessary at the company, this is one area that should take priority. Don’t even know who Julia is.
Trusted Contributor

They had a coookbook on just a week or so ago and made a big deal about having a Cookbook Corner segment. I used to enjoy those a lot and am sorry they aren't on anymore unless David writes another book.

Regular Contributor

He goes through colors and how many were sold in his show over and over agan. Who cares?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

To each their own.  I, for one, will never buy another hardcopy cookbook.  If the author doesn't sell one in an online version, forget it. I think QVC loses out by not offering hardcopy cookbooks in an electronic option.  

I get all of my recipes online, that way I can just look it up, and most times see an actual video making it step-by-step.  In a lot of cases, I can also click the ingredients I need to purchase straight to my phone.