Respected Contributor

Re: ITKWD ... all food today???

I commented about this the other day. I think last Sunday was also a Food edition on ITKWD. Plus there was several hours of Gourmet Cooking on this past week. I wish they would just show a few items of food during IKTWD if any at all. Another week I didn't watch.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

I am a bit of a toffee snob and didn't care for the regular "slab" from Enstrom's, but their butter toffee petites are absolutely addictive—the family insisted that I order three tubs for our upcoming holiday festivities (and I didn't argue at all)...  Smiley Happy

ITA, those butter toffee pieces that are individually wrapped are really good.   I'm still rationing out the ones from my order last year and hoping to be able to get more later this year.

The ones in slabs, with whatever all that is on the outside, don't appeal to me either.

This time I'm hoping to get a couple of orders of the regular ones.  I keep them in a Lock & Lock in the refrigerator, so they store nicely.

Esteemed Contributor

@CindyDale  I don't love the all food shows, but the holiday food shows are more interesting. I find gifts for my DIL's and SIL's parents, and there are usually items for teacher/bus driver gifts for my grandchildren. Today we were watching on the way across PA from Pittsburgh to near Philly, and I found out my DH had a yearning for that Beatrice fruitcake. Who knew? 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought the same thing! Nope, not loving it. I would never buy the food from QVC, and it seems like it occupied most of the day. I thought this was going to be Christmas in July with decorations, not food. What holiday with this food be for? It's only July.

Respected Contributor

@Effie54   Thanksgiving,  Chanukah, and Christmas are the holidays for which these food offerings are targeted.

I have ordered several, some as gifts and others to use in my home.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Trusted Contributor

Ordered the Beatrice Bakery Fruitcake...again this year!  It is delicious.  I cut it up into serving size pieces and individually freeze on a cookie sheet and then wrap and keep in freezer for treat when needed!

Honored Contributor

@avid shopper wrote:

Ordered the Beatrice Bakery Fruitcake...again this year!  It is delicious.  I cut it up into serving size pieces and individually freeze on a cookie sheet and then wrap and keep in freezer for treat when needed!

@avid shopper  I've been purchasing this fruitcake since 2019 when I decided to take a huge chance with it.  OMG, it's delicious!    Never would I think I'd even kind-of-like a fruitcake, but this one passes GO and straight to delicious. 

Honored Contributor

@Effie54  most of the delivery dates were for much later in the year, closer to when people are getting their holiday meal planning done.  

There are regular food items my family loves.  
I'm on auto-delivery for the Heartland Chicken and the Egg Harbor salmon sun-dried tomato burgers.  I also order the wine when it's in varietals I prefer.  Those are my go-tos.  I enjoy watching the food shows more than kitchen gadget shows.  

Trusted Contributor

@CindyDale wrote:

Ugh!  I was looking forward to his return, but PLEASE not all "overpriced" food.

I am with you, I Love David but turned it off as soon as the food came on and turned it back on when Davids Big Christmas came on.  I think Wednesday night might be all food again too but cannot be sure.  I have plans that night so it makes no difference to me. 

Since it is just me I do not buy this food, I buy locally smaller quanties and such and the only food I give as gifts are things I make myself.

Honored Contributor

This is happening more often with In the Kitchen shows in general. I'm not a fan of it, but I know why it happens, especially right now. 

First, the pandemic as supply chains tight. But a good portion of this food is made here in the US and they can count on the availability more so than made in China wares right now. 

People in some places have been or stayed quite locked down, and the food has been selling, so why not push what is working.People have been more than willing to pay the high prices as their markets have had supply issues and they are spending less in other areas staying closer to home, so why not splurge on food from tv?

But, as a viewer and consumer (who by the way, enjoys a lot of QVC brand foods on a regular basis) I want the In the Kitchen franchise to stick more with kitchen stuff and leave the food to the Gourmet Holiday shows that run for three and four hours at a time.