Frequent Contributor

Re: ITKWD Temptations Sunday surprise

I thought all QVC watchers already had cabinets full of her stuff. I bought the bowl set and the 9 x 12 and several other pieces...never used it. Can't even give it to my daughters they don't want it. I bet thrift stores have lots of it.

Frequent Contributor

I'm waiting for HP and Temptations to partner up for a laptop. LOL

Respected Contributor

If they really want to suprise us they should offer easy pay and a free/lower shipping charge. A girl can dream can't she? Woman LOL

I like the TT that I have for baking. It cleans & bakes nicely. I love the floral lace and polka dots. I only use non-breakable bowls to mix in though like ss or plastic. Washing an extra bowl isn't that big of a deal to me as I usually make a 'ginormous ' mess anyway Smiley Happy .

The only problem I ever had with TT I have posted about before and didn't order any for awhile --was when an 8x8 top to it's companion spontaneously broke in half in my cabinet.

Valued Contributor

I have one item which is an autumn themed muffin baker that I bought for fifty cents at an auction.  My DD used to sell products from the Workshops of Gerald Henn (now long gone) and I have a ton of things that mom just "had" to buy to help her with her business.

I think that the Henn stoneware that I have kept me from even being interested in TT.

Esteemed Contributor

I see on the QVC homepage that ALL Temptations is on Easy Pay today, BORING and that does NOT entice me to buy anything!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought a few pieces of Temptations. I do like the cutesy and sometimes vintage looks they have. But they have the same patterns all the time. I get some want everything to match, but some differnt patterns would be nice. They did the Villa pattern in a baker dish and it was a lovely design and a few people on the reviews even mentioned/asked that they do other pieces in the Villa pattern. But as with a lot at the Q, it is the same ol', same ol'. I realize many like to build on the same colors/patterns, so I guess they are not going to change. 

The few pieces I have are inconsistent, so I'm really cautious about ordering more. Plus I found some baking pieces at a local department store for $5.00 a piece when they are on sale, and they are similar in concept to Temptations for a mere fraction of the price, and nothing sticks in the $5.00 pieces. Temptations..sometimes sticks for me. 

Having said all of that, Temptations did have an older pattern called Jasper, it was lovely. I wish they would bring that pattern back. The patterns they have now just do not appeal to me. But hey, it obviously works for them, as they are on all the time. 

Respected Contributor

Yep, just same ole-same ole "easy pay" - not a surprise after all.  How about something new at the very least.  Same stuff - same offer, I'm not buying anything today.....except...hmmm, sounds like a good day to go to TJMAXX.  

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2

What was the big surprise David & Tara had today? I was out all day shopping.

I got a nice BIG surprise at JCP today. I happen to like the Royal Velvet Egyptian towels - (I replace our towels about every 7-8 months & donate old ones to pet shelter).

I bought 6 towels, 6 hand towels & 2 washcloths - got up to cashier it came to $179.47. The clerk asked if I'd like to use any "coupons or rewards" I didn't think I had any did BUT surprise...

I had $50 off $100 home and 25% off home & $20 in free rewards $$$....I had a good day my final total was $33.14!!!🎉🎉

Valued Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

Yep, just same ole-same ole "easy pay" - not a surprise after all.  How about something new at the very least.  Same stuff - same offer, I'm not buying anything today.....except...hmmm, sounds like a good day to go to TJMAXX.  

Exactly what I did today. But bought nothing at TJM. 

Easy pay doesn't entice me. Free shipping can, but I don't buy Temptations.  I was thinking about buying the bug trapper, then after reading it has trapped good bugs in the reviews, it was a no-go for me.