Honored Contributor

For all those that complain about David's show having items that are not food or food related, QVC seems to have gotten around that...

ITKWD -- Cleaning Edition from 6pm to 7pm

ITKWD -- PM Edition from 7pm to 9pm

I cannot help but laugh.  QVC is too much.

Honored Contributor

Those times are probably Eastern.

Suits me just fine !  Nice change

Honored Contributor

I don't begin to understand why a kitchen show has to be exclusively about food and food production.  I do clean my kitchen - probably more than any other room in the house and maybe spend more time doing that than cooking. There's TV in the kitchen and I often sit in my kitchen to read - doesn't matter whether I'm eating nor not.  I pay my bills from the kitchen counter, I charge my cellphone in the kitchen - and in my Florida condo, the kitchen is also where the laundry is.  And the list goes on and on.  Pretty much everything household works in my kitchen. 

Makes me think QVC is right on target when the expand their offerings in the kitchen shows. 

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

I don't begin to understand why a kitchen show has to be exclusively about food and food production.  I do clean my kitchen - probably more than any other room in the house and maybe spend more time doing that than cooking. There's TV in the kitchen and I often sit in my kitchen to read - doesn't matter whether I'm eating nor not.  I pay my bills from the kitchen counter, I charge my cellphone in the kitchen - and in my Florida condo, the kitchen is also where the laundry is.  And the list goes on and on.  Pretty much everything household works in my kitchen. 

Makes me think QVC is right on target when the expand their offerings in the kitchen shows. 

Because watching people clean and talk about cleaning is like watching paint dry, or worse.  I find NOTHING entertaining about it at all.  I doubt most would.  I don't find much new or innovative in the cleaning world. . . LOL!!

Respected Contributor

Oh, lord! My husband will love it. He watches every cleaning show on QVC and HSN. Can't tell you how many cleaning products are stuffed in the cupboards. I guess it's better than him spending money on women and booze!

Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

For all those that complain about David's show having items that are not food or food related, QVC seems to have gotten around that...

ITKWD -- Cleaning Edition from 6pm to 7pm

ITKWD -- PM Edition from 7pm to 9pm

I cannot help but laugh.  QVC is too much.

Yes...ha...i think they should have seperate cleaning shows and kitchen/food shows....if i wanted to see something in the food show i would end up turning if they were presenting a sponge for 15 mins!  Years back if my memory is correct.....the hours were desginated for specific products....they didn't interject other types of items into the hour (especially with the "longer"" presentations!)

Honored Contributor

@SoonerI know others do, but I don't watch QVC to be entertained.  I used to let it run in the background many years ago, but I don't even do that much at all any longer -  just as I don't go shopping any longer just to browse.  I work from a list -  and if I also find something else as I use that list, I do look.  But overall, I find I do way less shopping and much more thoughtful shopping when I look less whether online or in person.

Is there new in the cleaning world?  Not much in mine either.  I do use scrub daddy/mommy but I think I first knew daddy existed because I saw it on Shark Tank before it came to QVC where I first bought it. 

Not in the market for more cleaning, but I also am unlikely to buy pots and pans or decorative dishes or any dishes as a matter of fact.  When I do watch ITKWD, most often it's to see what they're cooking in those products.  And I don't even cook all that much - and pretty much nothing fried or covered with cheese or cream sauce or sweet -  might as well watch them clean!

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@SoonerI know others do, but I don't watch QVC to be entertained.  I used to let it run in the background many years ago, but I don't even do that much at all any longer -  just as I don't go shopping any longer just to browse.  I work from a list -  and if I also find something else as I use that list, I do look.  But overall, I find I do way less shopping and much more thoughtful shopping when I look less whether online or in person.

Is there new in the cleaning world?  Not much in mine either.  I do use scrub daddy/mommy but I think I first knew daddy existed because I saw it on Shark Tank before it came to QVC where I first bought it. 

Not in the market for more cleaning, but I also am unlikely to buy pots and pans or decorative dishes or any dishes as a matter of fact.  When I do watch ITKWD, most often it's to see what they're cooking in those products.  And I don't even cook all that much - and pretty much nothing fried or covered with cheese or cream sauce or sweet -  might as well watch them clean!

@millieshops  You know, I can't tell you when I have watched a whole Q show.  I used to never miss In The Kitchen, but don't care for the shows as Davis presents them.  I can't take the silliness.  I guess I am just dull huh?  Don't care for the over-the-top presentations.

Any Q shopping I do now is for old standby usually clothing pieces.  And like you, I don't spend much time shopping, although I do love pretty kitchen items!  But I don't see those on Q either--I have no interest in Temp-tations.  But we DO cook a lot!!!  And we use our appliances a lot--like our Sous Vide that does such wonderful chicken and fish!!!!  

Respected Contributor

Just can't please everybody!

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@millieshops  You know, I can't tell you when I have watched a whole Q show.  I used to never miss In The Kitchen, but don't care for the shows as Davis presents them.  I can't take the silliness.  I guess I am just dull huh?  Don't care for the over-the-top presentations.

Any Q shopping I do now is for old standby usually clothing pieces.  And like you, I don't spend much time shopping, although I do love pretty kitchen items!  But I don't see those on Q either--I have no interest in Temp-tations.  But we DO cook a lot!!!  And we use our appliances a lot--like our Sous Vide that does such wonderful chicken and fish!!!!  

You have summed up my thinking far better than I could have done. I agree with every word. Thanks.