Frequent Contributor

Holy smokes they are killing me with these presentations.. All day cook event, NOT, all day VITAMIX event it should have been called. I'm gonna watch an ep of Columbo. I love that show still . .  

Contributor

hours and hours and hours and hours of Vitamix.  Can't these people sell other things for a change??????  Give these tired TSV's a break. I just can't watch ITKWD any longer.  Hours and hours and hours of Dyson, Vitamix, Campanelli stuff.......

Esteemed Contributor

@libdem - If you watch the full episode and then come back, that should be just enough time for them to finish another Vitamix presentation; the last one was about 52 minutes long. As always, not sure why we need multiple TSV presentations in ITKWD when the full hour that comes afterward features the TSV only. Sigh...

Esteemed Contributor

I own a Vitamix, LOVE it and am enjoying the presentations because I am getting new ideas. I can however, understand the fatigue of anyone that is simply not interested.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

I own a Vitamix, LOVE it and am enjoying the presentations because I am getting new ideas. I can however, understand the fatigue of anyone that is simply not interested.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles 

BINGO!  That's why I enjoy watching them.  We own a Vitamix as well & I love getting new recipe ideas from just watching the shows.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

Obviously they get a big percentage %%%  - of the sales. 

Honored Contributor

Shamefully I ordered one! Woman Embarassed  I have one that is about 10 years old (husband thinks older than that) which is a 5200 that is basically this one without the presets and the pulse.  Actually this one was reconditioned from the factory and we paid I think around $400-$500 for it back then.

We use it at a minimum of four times a week, and usually more.  So why another one?

1. We both have always said if this one goes, order another immediately.  So the 7 year warranty is good and we have a backup machine.

2. We have the tall jar (which fits where we have it), and the dry grain jar and the aeration one.  So all will fit either machine base.

3.  We thought the pulse feature is something we need and will use, and it's nice that it will shut itself off.   We can walk away from it now and not lose track of time. 

We got another black one.  

Trusted Contributor

I turned David off the minute the vitamix came on.  Carolyn had an hour show from 11-12 and then David started in on it at 12:30.  That was enough for me.  Just got up and started doing other things.

I am one that is not a fan of this product. I ordered one a couple of years ago, ingredients to make anything decent are expensive, and the machine is loud.  

Next to my overpriced Keurig that I bought and it broke about 45 days later this is my worst QVC purchase.

I know people love them and thats great but honestly as with all the other TSV's we don't need 10+ hours of this each and every day.

Normally I love the all day cook events, next to the Christmas programming the cook events are my favorite but not today and especially not with this TSV.  

Honored Contributor

I wonder if one of the reasons that QVC shows the TSV so often is that the percentage of shoppers who are impulsive buyers has decreased over the years. but the repetition wears down some viewers after a couple of hours and they succumb to the offering?

Years ago, I used to buy many items first time I saw something I like.  I think more than half of everything I bought within the last year I ordered only after seeing it several times.  At least 2 TSV's I ordered shortly before midnight!

Honored Contributor

Re: ITKW VITAMIX

[ Edited ]

@loriqvc 

so true!!!! I flicked over and it was the start of TSV and watched Cooks Country & America's Test Kitchen & Beekman 1802...

so I got the beginning and end of not 1 but 2 presentations just during ITKWD🙄🙄🙄

I'm disappointed so far again with QVC cooking day