Respected Contributor

I wonder how many inherited our mom's starburst

crystal glasses that they received for wedding gifts?

Do you ever use it or does it sit in your china cabinet?

I don't think my parents ever got china since they were pretty poor starting out but I love the crystal glasses in all shapes. I also have 2 purple wine globlets that I love like the green below.

Once in awhile I will take a wine glass out and use it but there has to be so much of this stuff out there...☼

See the source imageStarburst 

Image result for Starburst Stemware

these were cool too

Honored Contributor

Re: I wonder how many inherited our mom's starburst

I use the "good crystal" for "everyday"..........even drink pop out of Waterford.  My motto is:  "Why SAVE the stuff?"   It doesn't go in the dishwasher........so young people don't want it.   (I even offered it to some young-marrieds.)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I didn't get any crystal glasses but I do have a large starburst cut glass serving bowl.  I love the idea of using the fancy glasses for everyday!  Perfect!

Trusted Contributor

@luvmyteddy4So pretty and the green goblets are gorgeous.

Honored Contributor

Sadly, no --- I did not get any of these pretty things!  They are all gorgeous!  My mother used to ask for these cut glass crystal (clear) pieces -- glasses, bowls, etc. as gfts.  She had a pretty large collection of them -- forget the maker of them. Any how -- she proudly displayed them in her china cupboard in the dining room.  Money was at a premium, so "nice" things were hard to come by.  Whatever happened to these things, I have no idea.  I wouldn't have minded having a couple of them just to remember her by.  Enjoy!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I've never seen these.  Pretty.

Trusted Contributor

I do have some pieces from my mother and grandmother, I do not use them, just for decoration in my china cabinet. Once in a while I'll use my Candy dishes.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 : I have my grandmother green glasses. Friends have never seen anything like them. I keep them in the china cabinet because one is chipped. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

I have the footed crystal bowl, two of the green & crystal stems, and had those drinking glasses years ago.  I do not know what happened to them.  Probably my children who also liked to play with my sterling silver flatware while making highways for toy trucks.  Yes, my nanny thought it was just fun and games to allow them to play with expensive dining accoutrements.  

Honored Contributor

@hayseed00 wrote:

@luvmyteddy4So pretty and the green goblets are gorgeous.

@hayseed00   I still have two of those.  I don't know, like with my sterling silver flatware and drinking glasses what happened to them but I suspect little boys using them for toys and drinking outside while playing fireman, policeman, contractor and architect.