Honored Contributor

Re: I wish that ALL can goods

I have an old fashion can opener - and bought the Kuhn Rikon can opener. I returned it. It kept slipping. I couldn't get the thing to catch.  It sometimes did and sometimes didn't. Some of my cans were oval and I don't know if that is a problem. I really like an opener that opens on the side. sigh...

Honored Contributor

Hate those pop tops........almost lost a finger

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

Those are pretty handy!

I have a Kuhn Rikon brand safety can opener that I've been using for about 10 years and it's still as good as new.   I even purchased an extra one, that's still in its packaging, for just in case.  Usually everything I really like becomes obsolete so I get an extra one.   Smiley Happy   If I ever need the extra one, I probably won't be able to find it.  oops!

I ditto @chickenbutt's comments.  Bought mine (just like c.b.'s) when they first came out.  Loved it.  Bought more and gifted them all over.  And i have a second one too but have never needed to use it cause they dont get dirty so my original is still like the day i received it.  Oh and i dont have great handstrength and have no problem with it.  I am not a fan of the flip top either because the top seems to fly off and end up in my saucepan.  Yuck.