Honored Contributor

Re: I want to make a run to Trader Joe's but I need some ideas.

I've been in and out of Trader Joe's and I just don't get the attraction! I've walked around the store and looked and nothing jumps out at me. Everything is junk food! Just look at all the "recommended" foods listed here, nothing is healthy! Nope, I watch what I eat and when I do eat, I have only healthy foods.....no junk. Have fun shopping at your TJ's!

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Everything!! no really, I have been shopping at TJ's here in Southern California (Pasadena) since the 1970's-

My wish is that they would bring back some of the products they USED to have...(but dont discontinue any of the stuff they have NOW, LOL!)

Regular Contributor

This is a great post with lots of good suggestions. If you become a regular at Trader Joes my advice is to shop there with a list and stay focused. 

I have 2 near my and parking can be tricky. 

Valued Contributor

Frozen won ton soup - excellent (a repurchase)

The best brioche hanburger buns - better than any restaurant

A frozen margerita pizza - yum

Lots more - I've only been a few times but i highly reommend not shopping when you're in a hurry - there's lot to look at!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@luvmyteddy4   If you've never been, go with time on your side. It's a big store with LOTS of stuff to check out.

@PINKdogWOOD   Not all Trader Joe’s are big. Ours is three tiny short isles. They finally got the store next to them and expanded. It’s about time. We also don’t need them huge as no liquor is sold in ours. Oh and ours is not mostly snack food. I think each store is different according to where they are located in the country.

Respected Contributor

We have 2 locations and one is in a mall and I think it used to be a Target. The parking should be good. I used to go to this mall all the time and its 10 minutes away. 

I like junk food so this is right up my alley! lol

Valued Contributor

I am fortunate as Trader Joe's is about 5 minutes away from me. My husband and I usually go at least once a week. 
There are a number of items we like such as the frozen meat lasagna.

Other items we purchase --chocolate muffins (in the bread section--at least at our location), Canadian Bacon, Frozen mac & cheese with chilis, chicken pot pie, string cheese, blueberries, sparkling apple cider vinegar drink. I could go on. 
We have found a few things that we have not cared for but that is rare.

It is different for each shopper. I know that what I purchase is much different than what my sister purchases. 

Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I've been in and out of Trader Joe's and I just don't get the attraction! I've walked around the store and looked and nothing jumps out at me. Everything is junk food! Just look at all the "recommended" foods listed here, nothing is healthy! Nope, I watch what I eat and when I do eat, I have only healthy foods.....no junk. Have fun shopping at your TJ's!

——————————

I buy salad mixes, brussels sprouts, hummus, fat-free Greek yogurt etc. there too but that’s just not as exciting to talk about LOL. 

Respected Contributor

Also, the daffodil bunches are in!

Super Contributor

We buy the frozen breaded chicken tenders, mandarin orange chicken, vegetable fried rice, pork potstickers and bottle of Gyozo sauce.  Their seasonings are reasonable and I'll get my $1. Greetings cards for the month.