Honored Contributor
On 11/21/2014 Clover29 said:

In California (where I am) the halibut fishing season for the year ends on Oct 31.

I know! It was so expensive to. 19.00 a pound last season. But it was so good. Just melt in your mouth. MMMMMM, love halibut, Salmon and Mahi Mahi

Honored Contributor
They had that huge storm sweep through the Gulf of Alaska a couple weeks ago, which caused the cold weather in the lower 48. All the crab boats headed for a safe port; maybe it affected all fishing in the area. Just wait awhile.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor
On 11/21/2014 fthunt said:

It might be out of season - fish have 'seasons' you know. In the Northeast you can only get bullhead in April - it's not good other times of the year. Same for perch and other kinds of fish and meats - such as venison only legal in the Fall. Somehow I'm disturbed by your childish OP opening title. It's NOT our fault you can't get your own way - at anytime.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Trusted Contributor

Now you've made me hungry for halibut

Hope you find it!

Respected Contributor
Thought I saw frozen halibut at Trader Joe's recently. Their cod loins are excellent. HTH
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

It might be out of season - fish have 'seasons' you know. In the Northeast you can only get bullhead in April - it's not good other times of the year. Same for perch and other kinds of fish and meats - such as venison only legal in the Fall. Somehow I'm disturbed by your childish OP opening title. It's NOT our fault you can't get your own way - at anytime.

You're just looking for something to offend you. The title wasn't childish but your response was.

Respected Contributor

Alaskan halibut is out of season. March - Sept. All other is frozen.

Think about it. It's Alaska & they have very harsh winters, as U know.

Honored Contributor
On 11/22/2014 CalmInTheHeart said:

You're just looking for something to offend you. The title wasn't childish but your response was.

I agree. What in the heck is the matter with her post? She was expressing a sentiment many of us have. I for one am missing the taste of Halibut. There is not another fish like it. I love all fish, but Halibut is so light, sweet, buttery and a meatier fish. Yummmmm!

Super Contributor

OP you might want to check out the website for Giovanni's Fish Market. They are located in Morro Bay, CA but they sell fresh fish and seafood online. I have ordered from them before and their fish is wonderfully fresh and they offer fast shipping, even overnight for an extra fee. Their assortment varies depending on what is in season, but they do have halibut and they are always offering coupons and specials. They email out a monthly newsletter.

Super Contributor

Sounds like someone has had too much crab lately! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} Your post is what's disturbing and childish, lighten up.