Honored Contributor

Re: I've got MBR's tuna noodle casserole on the menu for Tuesday.. has anyone tried it?

Thanks for how it turned out and how your hubby liked it.

Respected Contributor

Re: I've got MBR's tuna noodle casserole on the menu for Tuesday.. has anyone tried it?

I have never cared for any dish that has warm mayo in it. I only like my mayo cold so I probably won't be trying this. Glad you enjoyed it though.

Respected Contributor

I haven't tried her but this is my favorite meal! I will have to try hers.

Honored Contributor

On 1/28/2014 luvpoos said:

I have never cared for any dish that has warm mayo in it. I only like my mayo cold so I probably won't be trying this. Glad you enjoyed it though.

there is no mayo in the recipe.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

No mayo.

Super Contributor

Even if dh eats a piece for lunch today, we still have half left over. I put it into the freezer. I'm not sure about that, but I didn't want to waste it.

Honored Contributor

On 1/28/2014 house cat said:

Even if dh eats a piece for lunch today, we still have half left over. I put it into the freezer. I'm not sure about that, but I didn't want to waste it.

Sometime try putting a few Ruffles potato chips in instead of noodles or another filler. They soak up the sauce and reconstitute almost like real potatoes. PLUS you get ALL THAT SALT! LOL!!!!

Respected Contributor

On 1/28/2014 sunshine45 said:

there is no mayo in the recipe.

Sorry, I didn't read the whole recipe. When I tried it once at a neighbors house I hated it. She must have used mayo. Never tried it again. I made a recipe for hot potato salad once and didn't like that either.

Honored Contributor

okay i made this tonight with a few changes......and i really liked it!

used about 1 1/2 pounds of diced chicken (instead of tuna) that was sauteed with a diced onion.

used cream of chicken instead of cream of mushroom.

i did use the peas.

i used a box of farfalle pasta instead of the egg noodles.

i mixed the shredded cheese (colby/jack blend) into the casserole instead of having it on the top.

i put the butter/bread crumbs/parmesan on top of the casserole and then sprinkled with some paprika.

everyone enjoyed it......it made a nice hearty meal for a cold night. for sides i had broccolini and a salad. i can also see this using shrimp or crab and using old bay as the spice. two thumbs up.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

I made this for dinner tonight after seeing this post and it was AMAZING! I don't think I've made tuna noodle casserole in 20 years! Everyone enjoyed it, so this will stay in my rotation for quite awhile (at my daughter's request) {#emotions_dlg.tt1}