Honored Contributor

Re: I've Been in the Dark for 20 Years.

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess 

Surprise!  Good for you!  I totally get it. I was living in this house for 7 years before I realized my oven has a convection feature... and I use my oven a lot!

~ house cat ~
Valued Contributor

@froggy- I discovered a couple of years ago (thanks to a thread on this board) that there is a slot in the bottom of my oven door and I can actually clean between the double pane glass on the door via that pane if I so desire.  Not all ovens have it and I am not sure what makes the difference.  I have a gas oven we purchased circa 1993. 

And @Icegoddess - if it makes you feel better, I have never cleaned cleaned my oven other than to wipe something off that is easily removed.  Anything that is going to mess up the oven goes outside on the charcoal grill so all it's used for is baking cookies, biscuits, casseroles and non splattery stuff.  Looks almost new inside still.  That is too funny about your oven light though.  

Honored Contributor

@froggy wrote:

Just an FYI - as far as I know oven windows are double paned and the remaining little brown spots might be between the panes.

@froggy, no, I can feel them.  

Honored Contributor

I am the aluminum foil queen. 👸🏾  That being said........

I was in my late 50's when I NOTICED the punch-in tabs on the sides & wondered what in the world????  One of my girl friends told me the punch-in tabs are to hold the roller in the box.  Who knew?  Not me!!!!! peep.gif

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at Sat, Dec 26, 2020-4.00.44 PM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess - I've recently experienced an almost opposite situation: After many years, I finally decided to replace my range a few months ago. I went with the latest model from the same brand since all the controls are the same (well, there is an extra burner on the new one), making the upgrade really easy. However, I was very surprised to find that the oven light on the new range only works if you use the switch on the top of the unit—it does not automatically turn on when the door opens! At first, I thought I had a defective range and worried I'd have to return it right after purchasing it, but lo and behold, the manufacturer's website confirms that this is just how the unit is set up. Not a big deal, of course, but pretty strange considering the much-older version had the automatic light feature...

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac  I found out about this while reading on some website. I never knew either!

Esteemed Contributor

@IcegoddessSo happy you found the light! Smiley Happy

I'm like that with cars, phones and probably computers.

Esteemed Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

I went to our local garden center owned by a nice local guy who will load all your flats into the back of your car, truck or SUV.

I have an SUV ....

I opened the tailgate with my keyfob...

The guy loaded the flats, and reached up to press a button to CLOSE the tailgate.

I owned the car 4 years and never knew there was such a button!!!

@Othereeeen  that's funny. I found that out last week also. I tried to close it by pulling it down and my sister said, there is a button, just press it. I learned that for sure lol

Esteemed Contributor

@froggy wrote:

Just an FYI - as far as I know oven windows are double paned and the remaining little brown spots might be between the panes.

@froggy  you are correct, but I remember hearing or reading that there is a way to seperate the panes, clean the inside and then replace it.

Esteemed Contributor

@ceekay wrote:

@froggy- I discovered a couple of years ago (thanks to a thread on this board) that there is a slot in the bottom of my oven door and I can actually clean between the double pane glass on the door via that pane if I so desire.  Not all ovens have it and I am not sure what makes the difference.  I have a gas oven we purchased circa 1993. 

And @Icegoddess - if it makes you feel better, I have never cleaned cleaned my oven other than to wipe something off that is easily removed.  Anything that is going to mess up the oven goes outside on the charcoal grill so all it's used for is baking cookies, biscuits, casseroles and non splattery stuff.  Looks almost new inside still.  That is too funny about your oven light though.  

@ceekay  I just posted the same thing about the slot in the bottom of the oven door that could be removed to clean in between. Ok so not every oven has that feature. I have to look and see if mine has it.