Respected Contributor

Re: I think I must be one of the happiest people on earth right now.

@FuzzyFace ~ talk about "home" made!  Enjoy all the fruits of your labor.  Nothing like homemade!

Honored Contributor

My son has a wonderful peach tree on his front lawn. They've lived there for about 4 years now. They've been fertilizing it and last year and this year the peaches were huge, juicy and delicious! My dil was all ready to go out and pick them to can when she saw that their resident squirrel picked every single last one off of that full tree!! They were all gone. They said that they did see the squirrel hanging around lately but didn't think he's pick every single peach on their tree! Oh well, better luck next year.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@FuzzyFaceI so relate to your happiness.  Fresh produce is such a joy....and coming from your own trees makes it just even more special!  I share your joy and wish for you many more happy days!

Contributor

Just yesterday I found myself wishing I had an apple tree.  Just wondering how long it took for your tree to bear fruit after you planted it.....I have berry trees, but no other type of fruit trees.  

Honored Contributor

This is awesome!   Hope you enjoy your pie.    Galas are THE best!!   

I wouldn't mind having some sort of fruit trees, as I have enough property around my house, but I am completely an idiot as to growing stuff outside.

My next door neighbor has a HUGE cherry tree that makes the best cherries.  They don't come every year but when we do, we get what we can (he has always said to help ourselves) before the birds destroy them.   I always wish that the birdies would just snack on the ones at the very top, where they are too high to get to with a 20' ladder, but nooooo - they have to be greedy and taste them from all over.  Smiley Very Happy   But that's ok, I guess, since I love the birdies.    Neighbor doesn't care either, as he doesn't even pick the cherries at all.

Valued Contributor

Congratulations @FuzzyFace...   you should be excited!  My parents have apples trees and our family is always happy at harvest time and all of our freezers are full of apple sauce and fried apple pies.. lol

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you