Trusted Contributor

@sfnative wrote:

Yesterday my husband and I were invited to join a small lunch group of 5 neighbors who meet once a month at the same restaurant.  The menu had limited offerings, but I understood that, since the restaurant supported a non-profit.

There were 4 items on the dessert menu, all meant to draw in the "Downton Abbey" crowd, but not to my liking, so I ordered a chicken salad sandwich and no dessert.  Everyone else ordered dessert.

When the desserts arrived, 3 in the group had ordered the trifle.  The head, loudest and most obnoxious of the women present took a bite of her trifle and said exaggeratedly, "Oh, this is WONderful." Out of my mouth, "I can do better with my Raspberry Grand Marnier Trifle."  Ooops!

The reason I blurted this out, and it wasn't planned, was that their trifle was placed in a junior high school pudding dish, had square pieces of pound cake in it, vanilla pudding here and there, along with 1/4 tsp of strawberry jam in about 6 places and one tablespoon of whipped cream on top.

Just wondering if anyone else has blurted anything out like this.

I blurted out something once in a training session at work.  There were about 20 of us in this session and the moderator kept going on and on about something completely off topic, basically just wasting our time.  I was embarrassed to say the least but just blurted saying something like - what are we doing here? I literally had no control - just blurted it.  I felt a little better when about 6 other people sat the same time said - thank you I was just thinking the same thing, can we get back on topic please.  

Valued Contributor

@nun ya  LOL....and THAT'S why it's baked for funeral luncheons!!!