Respected Contributor

Re: I ruined my Wilton Bakeware with non stick spray

Wilton makes their own spray.  You find it at Joann, Michaels, and many grocery stores.  It's designed for bakeware and my cakes come out amazing.  I have some very intricate pans, even 3 D and I always use this.  It's nothing like Pam.  As to the Wilton bakeware, it's very good provided you take care of it.  

Honored Contributor

The pans should have “do not use cooking spray” printed on the bottom of the pan. I use parchment paper for baking and even spray it when making some things that are very sticky. I ruined a very good commercial-grade sheet pan by using spray on it. It was not nonstick, but the residue was impossible to remove. I still use it with parchment paper over the surface.
Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma 

I've had WILTON Bakeware and QVC original CE bakeware, non-stick style for over 20+ years ... I have never sprayed them with any type of Pam.  Of course, the "non-stick" ones have lasted but not as well as my "non-stick" versions which I prefer.

I always grease my pans with Crisco shortening.  In fact, even I used Crisco to grease Temptations from many years ago before I became leary of baking in them - because definitely everything sticks to them!  

I hand wash all my bakeware and cookware and my cookie sheets are from USA Pans - which I consider the best!

Parchment is another thing I use in all my baking - I line the pans with it.

Honored Contributor

Buy them on Black Friday Amazon sales and get rid of the awful ones.  Best way and about the only way I've found to clean them. . . 

Valued Contributor

I just purchased a ceramic pan yesterday.  I went to amazon to read the reviews.  I did not buy it from amazon.  In reading the reviews, the complaints were from people saying how they used PAM and it was the worst pan ever.

The good reviews talked about how they seasoned the pan and they love it.   BUT, no one mentioned not to use PAM.  I couldn't leave a review because I didn't buy it there.  But boy I wish I could have told about how using PAM is not good.

Honored Contributor

I stopped using the cooking sprays after throwing out sets and sets of baking and cookie sheets.

Even though I knew they were clean they weren't.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ruined our original wafflemaker of many years by using PAM on it. For our new wafflemaker, I use no oils on the wafflemaker. It has a non-stick surface, and waffles just pop out. The oil or butter in the recipes is enough for waffles to release.

For cookie sheets and cake pans, I line with parchment. (For the sides of pans, I use a bit of Spectrum shortening.)

My old muffin pan was ruined by using PAM. I have a new pan, and I use foil cupcake liners exclusively. They work great.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

@Nataliesgramma   I have had several Wilton cookie sheets go bad.  I have never used Pam or any other spray on them.  IMO, they just don't make good pans at all.

Try looking at USA pans.  They are commercial grade and last much longer.  I have never had a USA pan wear out or look bad.  I have been replacing all my baking pans with USA pans.

I have never had anything stick to them either.  My cookies slide right off when I tilt the pan.

@Carmie 

I used my new USA muffin pan this morning. I used some butter & flour. Muffins came right out. No sticking. All I had to do was wipe it out with wet paper towels.

I'm also replacing all my bakeware with USA Pan.